Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dropped something (non magnetic) underneath seat track (drivers right side), and noticed there is a compartment in the front where I dropped it. I don't know if its under the front end of the seat track on in that compartment somewhere. Can someone help and please let me know what to do/best way to find it?

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts
Are you talking about the flap in the carpet? This is where the seat power lines come up from under the cabin floor. Raise the seat all the way and push your seat all the way back. You can get a better look under there then. It's safe to pull the flap up and look as well. There is a flap under the passenger seat as well. I ran the power for both my Rostra Lumbar supports through these flaps and into the center console area.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Have a trained mouse that fetches? Cruze seat really goes way back, does this help? Or way forward. Whether its electrical or manual, can be lifted for more hand room. Between the console and the track, my three year old grandson sure helps, his hand fits down there, mine doesn't.

If all else fails two Torx head screws hold the rear of the seat down, best to be removed with an impact wrench so can be held vertically with lots of down pressure so you don't strip them. Have to be cautious with those wires, conect to an airbag and power seat wires if you have one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I was talking about the flap. When it fell I tried to just push it forward along the track but right when it got to the front on the track it dropped and I realized that in that spot there is a section about 3 inches long where the carpet is not connected to the seat track. So while looking around I saw the flap right next to it. So it may be in the flap compartment, it may be under the track and carpet. I tried a shop vac with a small attachment but no luck; as of right now it looks like it may be a lost cause. Very depressing.

As you can probably tell by my desciptions of the vehicle components, I am not very mechanically sound. At all. Short of removing the seat, which I dont want to attempt since its power seats, I fell like theres nothing i can do. But I will be open to more ideas.

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts
Push the seat all the way back and stick your finger in the back edge of the flap. Its a little less than an inch thick. Pull the flap up. If it's not there start pressing down hard on the carpet with your hand. It's smooth under the carpet so if you feel anything you'll know where to reach. The other place to check is the outside of the seat track and in the track itself. The driver's seat will push a long ways back leaving a very small gap between the seat back and the rear seats. If yours wont go back this far then you have something in the seat rail itself blocking the motion - most likely your dropped object.

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
I recently looked under my seat and I didn't like what I saw, a bottle of water. In the Sonata the air bag connectors were horribly exposed and anything rolling under there, and at ultra high speeds while stopping could cause a system malfunction. Hyundai wouldn't cover it, even with that wonderful 10 year warranty and a J M & A Service contract, well they did once and said never again.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I dropped something (non magnetic) underneath seat track (drivers right side), and noticed there is a compartment in the front where I dropped it. I don't know if its under the front end of the seat track on in that compartment somewhere. Can someone help and please let me know what to do/best way to find it?
I'm not sure if this will help or not but it might give you an idea of what you're dealing with.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44so10EcvWM

·
Registered
453 Posts
Short of removing the seat, which I dont want to attempt since its power seats, I fell like theres nothing i can do. But I will be open to more ideas.
You don't have to actually remove the seat, just remove the two torx bolts at the rear so you can pivot the back of the seat up for better access under the flap. Front of seat tracks hook into floor pan so it won't go anywhere if you just push it up from the back.

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts
You don't have to actually remove the seat, just remove the two torx bolts at the rear so you can pivot the back of the seat up for better access under the flap. Front of seat tracks hook into floor pan so it won't go anywhere if you just push it up from the back.
I'd still try lifting the seat as high as it will go and then sliding it to the back stops. When I installed my Rostra lumbar supports I did all the under-seat work with the seat lifted as high as it would go. Those torx bolts are in there extremely tight, and for a reason.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts