Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
Are you talking about the flap in the carpet? This is where the seat power lines come up from under the cabin floor. Raise the seat all the way and push your seat all the way back. You can get a better look under there then. It's safe to pull the flap up and look as well. There is a flap under the passenger seat as well. I ran the power for both my Rostra Lumbar supports through these flaps and into the center console area.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
Push the seat all the way back and stick your finger in the back edge of the flap. Its a little less than an inch thick. Pull the flap up. If it's not there start pressing down hard on the carpet with your hand. It's smooth under the carpet so if you feel anything you'll know where to reach. The other place to check is the outside of the seat track and in the track itself. The driver's seat will push a long ways back leaving a very small gap between the seat back and the rear seats. If yours wont go back this far then you have something in the seat rail itself blocking the motion - most likely your dropped object.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
You don't have to actually remove the seat, just remove the two torx bolts at the rear so you can pivot the back of the seat up for better access under the flap. Front of seat tracks hook into floor pan so it won't go anywhere if you just push it up from the back.
I'd still try lifting the seat as high as it will go and then sliding it to the back stops. When I installed my Rostra lumbar supports I did all the under-seat work with the seat lifted as high as it would go. Those torx bolts are in there extremely tight, and for a reason.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.