Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does someone had the idea to remove parts of the dashboard and doors covered with cloth to install the leather of our choice. it would be really nice to customize this interior part of the car.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thank you for the help

I'll wait to see if dificil to detach the part of the car.
This is the first modification I will do on my new 2012 chevi cruze blue lt. I found it a little unusual that they use cloth to cover these parts. It remains for me to find the perfect color and material. Probably gray or blue leather with carbon trim. Its going to be awesome :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My fear is that part of the passenger side because the air bag?? I dare not touch the doors for now, I do not know if it's clipped, and how I can remove all this.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I would, but I would be doing it in suede. I am not touching it till I am ready to reupholster my seats. I would be switching to the suede middle on the seats too, with like a leatherette over rest. True leather is rarely found because of cost. Leatherette is a great alternative which is what most manufacturers use for "leather" interiors. I use to work in an upholstery shop, so I have my own industrial mechanized sewing machine.

·
Registered
26 Posts
np always willing to help out, pm if u need any other diagrams or have any questions. i can get just about any info on the car. i work at the dealership and have access to alot of gm data and also have alldata.

·
Premium Member
1,693 Posts
backyard, do you have directions on how to take apart the side view mirror? I was trying to remove the insides of the shell like the motor and bracket.

·
Premium Member
1,693 Posts
Thanks for getting back to me. I actually got to exactly that point but was looking to see how to take everything out to where the the sideview mirror is just a shell. I'm trying to see if an aftermarket led housing would fit on my car

·
Registered
119 Posts
Thanks for getting back to me. I actually got to exactly that point but was looking to see how to take everything out to where the the sideview mirror is just a shell. I'm trying to see if an aftermarket led housing would fit on my car
Mirror mounted side markers?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I just go and bring parts in the professional upholsterer.
like this, I am sure that the work will be beyond reproach.
The inner parts are much easier to remove than I thought

I'll post some pictures of the result later .. :D

1 - 20 of 46 Posts