Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

Got a CEL after a regen ended today, but no mileage countdown. The dealer is going to try to make time for me tomorrow. Any thoughts on what could cause this behavior? I don't have a scanner but am hoping maybe someone would have an idea since it came on as the regen ended.

Thanks!

·
2,254 Posts
You could try going to your FLAPS (favorite local auto parts store) and get your codes read for free.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I need to get a scanner. Just haven't yet. I'll probably just hold off until tomorrow and see what they say at the dealer for the code. It's pouring out today so I don't want to drive the parts store nuts for really just my curiosity at this point.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just had a friend plug his scanner in. P2453 (Diesel Particulate Filter Differential Pressure Sensor Circuit Range/Performance). I'm actually thrilled to see it be emissions related. Had frequent regens that actually disappeared a few weeks ago, but were ongoing for about 6 months. Hopefully this points the dealer to something broken that may have been the cause of the frequent regens!

·
Registered
821 Posts
I just checked out of curiosity.

If it's the sensor itself actually causing the issue, it is only covered under the 3/36k warranty FYI.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just checked out of curiosity.

Thanks! I spoke to Chevy last night and they told me anything emissions related *should* still be covered (Vermont has additional emissions warranty requirements), but we'll see. The way those warrantys are written it would not surprise me if the person I spoke to just misspoke... or somehow the sensor is not considered emissions related. Very torn on this car whether or not to keep it or dump it. If I could get the torque some other way with close to the same MPG on a gas car it would be gone tomorrow. It's just not reliable with this emissions system.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I'm not familiar with Vermont emission warranty so you may have a chance. I know for sure its not covered under powertrain warranty though.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Just had a friend plug his scanner in. P2453 (Diesel Particulate Filter Differential Pressure Sensor Circuit Range/Performance). I'm actually thrilled to see it be emissions related. Had frequent regens that actually disappeared a few weeks ago, but were ongoing for about 6 months. Hopefully this points the dealer to something broken that may have been the cause of the frequent regens!
Keep us posted. I don't recall haring much about this particular error.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry - I meant to update and forgot. Sounds like it may have been a pretty random thing. The sensor wasn't plugged in properly so they clipped it in. The dealer thinks it just had a poor connection.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Sorry - I meant to update and forgot. Sounds like it may have been a pretty random thing. The sensor wasn't plugged in properly so they clipped it in. The dealer thinks it just had a poor connection.
Glad it wasn't anything major.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts