Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2014 diesel with 38,000 miles. I've only had the car a few weeks and the CEL comes on. I took it to the dealer as they put a "peace of mind dealership warranty on all newer used cars they sell. First they check it out and say that it needs a new fuel filter and they would go ahead and take care of it for me. Once they start to replace it they then tell me that they found out they need a new part for the replacement but that it's be covered under the GM factory 100,000 powertrain warranty. She then tells me I lucked out because the part was $1,300. The part is ordered and I'm not paying a penny but I'm so very curious what in the heck could be going on with it. Does anyone have a clue? The invoice says "1- 23199833 F- (S) Converter" as the part ordered. Thanks for any help!

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
Dpf?

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
I feel embarrassed for not googling... thanks. Should have done that first!
Let us know if that fixes your problem. First DPF I have heard failing. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll keep you guys updated. There is nothing noticeable except the CEL being on at this point and they told me it was fine to drive the car until the part comes in at the beginning of next week.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
I am glad it's covered under warranty, but based on the history I recall from this forum, it's unlikely that the DPF would just fail unless there's a reason. Reasons could be things like overfilled oil, wrong oil, or it could be something like this which isn't actually a part failure:

http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/201-...sel-owners-read-can-save-you-trip-dealer.html

In that case, it would just require a manual regen, but the DPF itself is not bad. Maybe that had to play it this way to get it covered under warranty. Sounds like your dealership wants to take care of you.

See if you can get the CEL code from them. Mine was P2463, but my DIC also said "DPF Full"

Reactions: ethana912

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am glad it's covered under warranty, but based on the history I recall from this forum, it's unlikely that the DPF would just fail unless there's a reason. Reasons could be things like overfilled oil, wrong oil, or it could be something like this which isn't actually a part failure:

http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/201-...sel-owners-read-can-save-you-trip-dealer.html

In that case, it would just require a manual regen, but the DPF itself is not bad. Maybe that had to play it this way to get it covered under warranty. Sounds like your dealership wants to take care of you.

See if you can get the CEL code from them. Mine was P2463, but my DIC also said "DPF Full"
Interesting. So there in no way to know if you are in the pre-regen or regen without purchasing the Scangauge II, correct? That sucks. And yes, my dealership is doing everything they can for me. I really like them so far.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
I'll keep you guys updated. There is nothing noticeable except the CEL being on at this point and they told me it was fine to drive the car until the part comes in at the beginning of next week.
Hello Ethana912,

We can definitely understand how frustrating this unexpected situation may be. If you should need any additional assistance in the meantime, we are happy to help! Feel free to shoot us over a private message with your information.

We look forward to your updates!

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Interesting. So there in no way to know if you are in the pre-regen or regen without purchasing the Scangauge II, correct? That sucks. And yes, my dealership is doing everything they can for me. I really like them so far.
That's correct. it happened to me even after I got the scangauge until I figured that out. But, in looking closer at the part number and seeing followup comments on here from @oilburner , it seems to be the SCR in your case and not the DPF. That chunk of pipe referenced by the part number you listed looks like the area my car sprayed with oil because I had a leaky oil drain plug (my fault) and it looks to be the part that contains the DEF injector. The DPF is closer to the engine.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I had the same part replaced when I kept getting CELs. I also had new NOx sensor and particulate matter sensor too, forget which one solved my issue.

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
How about posting the Name, City and State of the dealer to help other forum members...

Reactions: Tomko and obermd

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,884 Posts
They are dreaming at that price...
Definitely, the ones around me (also Certified used, selling at dealers) are between $16k-$17.9k with 25-45k miles.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts