Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

So, this week my car decided to post a check engine light. I got myself an OBD reader and got the code: P015B H02S Delayed Response To Lean Sensor 2.

From what I gather this is an oxygen sensor. Does anyone know where this particular O2 sensor is located? I'd like to check to see if it's plugged in if possible. The car is a 2016.5 (Gen 2) Cruze LT.

This may be a red herring but the car came out of the body shop last week for a right front fender replacement due to damage by snow clearing equipment. During the repair they removed or disconnected the right front headlight assembly (I got an Onstar notification). so I wonder if they disconnected other components and forgot to reconnect one. The CEL came on maybe 100KM or so after I picked the car up from the body shop.

Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On top of the midpipe.
So if my googlefu is correct, the midpipe is part of the exhaust system well past the engine.

So this rules out the body shop and might explain the super loud rattle I heard a few days ago when starting the car...

Thanks EricSmit!

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
No problem. When you get under the car, you'll see the exhaust layout. There are two pieces i'll use as reference:

that is your second cat and resonator.

and that is your flex pipe.

the o2 sensor you are looking for is in between them.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
EricSmit, that's awesome. Thanks for sharing those photos!

I have an appointment with the dealer next week to check it out. I'll leave this one to them as I don't have access to a lift plus I imagine this has to be covered by the warranty!

Cheers.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So just a quick update. Went on a quick burger run and sure enough the Check Engine Light is now off. I guess the issue resolved itself. I still have to being the car in next week for the center stop lamp recall and oil change so I'll make sure to mention the CEL to the dealer. I'm not very confident it's resolved for good...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Final Update:

Just had a visit to the dealer for stoplamp recall and an oil change. They checked the codes and went and replaced O2 sensor #1. My OBD reader read sensor #2 but it could be wrong I suppose as it has older 2015 software/database?

So other than having to readjust my seat and mirror [email protected][email protected] all is well! Great service from the dealership.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts