Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

CEL fairy has finally come to visit

4K views 27 replies 9 participants last post by  diesel 
#1 ·
On the way to work tonight got a CEL, have not hooked it to my OBDII reader yet, will do that in the morning after work. Hoping for something simple.... lol

#2 ·
Ill guess P0297 rich correction limit or P0420 Cat efficiency bank 1

Absolutely random and off the wall I know but just taking a wild guess.. I seem to get that first one mentioned all the time.. :)

#4 ·
if we are playing the guessing game, I will shoot for something related to the exhaust gas temperature sensor. You're over 100K miles if I remember correctly. It's happened to a few people. Happened to me around 61K miles. No affect on drivability and I drove 1000 miles like that. It was covered under warranty.

But I am getting ahead of myself here. :) Keep us posted!

#8 ·
Drove to the store, no code. Fired it up at the store, code is back. Will probably try and locate the DEF tank/DEF heater and shoot some wires. How vital is the heating process? I dont imagine its to keep the DEF from freezing, but i work on airplanes... not diesels... lol

#9 ·
I think it's pretty important. As I understand it, it eventually limits your speed, but I have never experienced it.

#12 ·
If you've been able to go 300 without any drivability issues, I would venture a guess you could keep driving it without incident, but just keeping an eye on any warnings that may pop up.

#13 ·
Ive been monitoring pre and post scr using torque pro for android. Shows -98 or -99Nox ppm pre scr and then -100 ppm post scr. Im not sure of the values we should be reading, but it flatlines at -100ppm on the output side.

It also shows dpf pressure (under acceleration dpf pressure goes into the 500+ psi range but at idle drops to 50 or 60.) as well as EGTs. (Egt seems to run around 330c down to 210c at idle, so im assuming these sensors are very near our little turbo) Not bad for a 5 dollar download (plus your bluetooth obd plugin).

Im sure by the time we all get rid of these cars, we will be subject matter experts.

#20 ·
Is everything all good now?

#24 ·
How many miles now? i believe you're on my tail. I am at 172K as of this writing.

#25 ·
Not even close. As of yesterday im at 104 and some change. I would probably have been up to 110k but I spent time rotating between my old CR-V (190k miles... 22mpg) and my F150 (186k and maybe 19mpg) when the cel showed up. Have a few road trips coming up, so that will help bring me closer to you....

#28 ·
Ah, for some reason I thought you were in the 140's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.