Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

CEL, multiple error codes, rough idle

2339 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  coopersmokeypiper
HI Folks, i have a 2012 Cruze Eco, 6 MT, 1.4l turbo with 93,398 miles on it. Bought it last December with 86,500 miles on it. Carfax showed it had been serviced regularly. i didn't think to print the carfax before i completed the sale so don't have the detail now. So here are the problems.

After a fair bit of travel over a 10-day period totaling about 1,300 miles in which the car ran fine, i had the check engine light come on the day after getting home, had gone about 30 miles to my daughter's for dinner & it came on when driving home. By the next day it was idling quite roughly, dropping to about 600 RPM but mostly hovering up & down around 800 RPM but dropping enough to almost stall. i have to be sure to give it a bit of extra pedal pulling out in first or it stalls. It also sometimes runs a bit rough in 2nd, 3rd gears in local traffic driving more slowly. The day after i got the CEL, the first time i started it, the messages "Service Stabilitrack" & "Service Traction Control" showed briefly on the DIC after the check cycle of the warning lights. The idiot lights for those items did not come on after the check cycle was complete. i don't know if there's any connection. Got it scanned at an Advanced Auto & it put out the following error codes. This all started last Wednesday.

MAP Sensor
Bank 1, Sensor 1
P0106
P015 (not sure about this given most are 4-digit so maybe the guy read the code to me wrong)
P0171
P1101

All seems to have to do with mixture and/or vacuum issues from what i've found reading around. i gather from reading posts here that the first code may represent the primary culprit for generating the other codes but i'm definitely no mechanic & though i used to do some basic stuff on my cars i haven't for years. Any suggestions or advice would be most welcome. i am learning some stuff just by scrolling through & reading what seem to be relevant posts though i haven't yet stumbled into that combination of error codes.

i also set up an owner log-in on the GM site (bought the car at a used car dealer, not a Chevy dealer) & found it's covered by 4 of the Special Coverage additions. Found info on two of them here in the forum & they may or may not be related. i haven't found a shop that has done much work especially on the Eco set-up & the dealers near me mostly get terrible reviews. My long-term mechanic for the VW TDIs i've owned is unfamiliar with them as well. As a result i'm reluctant to bring it somewhere & take a chance, even with a shop with a good reputation.

Thanks very much!

david in Western Mass

p.s. On a side note, i'd like to suggest that the moderators/administrators for CruzeTalk think about putting together a "Trusted Mechanic" list. The TDI club had one with listings by state & that's how i found the guy who worked on my TDIs for a number of years when my previous mechanic retired. It would be tremendously useful.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Eddy. Yes, the special coverage item on that is one that i found on the GM site. i plan to call them tomorrow on all the special coverage stuff since i've only found 2 identified thus far here in the forum--that one on the negative cable & one other, 38170 on the accelerator pedal assembly. i haven't found info yet on the other two other than the mileage/date limitations. Those are 14232 & 14371.

· Registered
17 Posts
Hi, I had the same issue with my 1.8 I4 LT '09 last friday without the dropping revs. Suddenly the car jerks and the stabilitrak and abs lights on and the check engine flashing. Also the car seemed to have lost power and was reluctant accelerating from traffic light but also whilst driving, last but not least the engine was sounding rough. My trusty mechanic diagnosed it to faulty ignition coil and a spark plug change.

· Registered
45 Posts
Sadly this is not the tdi club. The Cruze has numerous unresolvable issues and the knowledge base and aftermarket support is not as developed. Sadly, most will tell you to go to the dealer for everything. What you are experiencing is the joy of the plastic intake with the PCV nipple most likely missing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.