Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm new here and I know my topic and been posted on into the dirt. I have done my best at reading all of the related posts to make sure my issue wasn't already addressed. To my knowledge it hasn't. So here goes.

Cruze stats:
2012 Cruze ECO 1.4 turbo. 6 speed manual transmission with 68k miles.

1. First experienced the titled issues in October of 2016. It was a cold morning so i thought maybe that was the issue due to it not happening again after that.

1a. In early March it starts happening again though not frequently so i begin researching the issue. I replaced the gas pedal and the leaking PCV valve cover. and that curtails the problem. or so i thought.

2. In late March of 2017 I got in to drive and as i was shifting from 1st to 2nd it through all of those issues. I parked, turned it off, waited and restarted. This continued happening.

3. 2 days after this I put it on the trailer and took it too the shop where it spent the next 4 months being worked on. (not a dealership but a certified mechanic as I've seen dealerships dont always know)

4. I picked it up yesterday (7/31/17) and drove it home over 40 miles without issue.

5. This morning (8/1/17) after driving 20 miles it does the exact same thing except while shifting from 3rd to 4th gears. I thought to myself, Hmmm i wonder if i can skip 4th all together. that seems to work getting me the rest for the 40 miles to my destination.

There are 2 CEL codes shown:
P0238 - Turbocharger Boost Sensor A Circuit High
P2227 - Barometric Pressure Circuit Range/Performance

My question is there anyone here who has experienced these issues with shifting being the culprit? does anyone know anyone or have heard of this?

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
UPDATE - for anyone having the same issue with stablitrak / TC check your MAP sensor. Its easy to get to, a single torx screw holding it down. mine was dirty. I blew it out with air duster and wiped all of the oil and grime off of it. This cleared the P2227 code and so far this morning ive gone 60+ miles without issue or check engine light. If that was the cause of all my problems I'm going to be pretty upset with myself! I hope this helps! I'll update again if something else comes up!

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
11,667 Posts
Welcome Aboard!:welcome:

The best learned lesson is when you figure it out yourself! Glad you found the culprit.

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts