Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a good rig in their Cruze for their phone?

The power jacks are in such awkward positions in this car. I'm trying to figure out a good rig tha would hold the phone in place with a charger plugged into it. The best idea would seem to be a mount in that little cubby-hole in front of the gear lever, but I'm planning to get the Samsung Note II soon, which is A.F. huge and might not fit there :p Alternately trying to think of something that might hook on top of the center console and plug into the back outlet, but I can't imagine that'd be easy to pull off.

Anywho, please show me what you've got!

·
Registered
170 Posts
I use the one behind the console and put the phone in the console. There's a gap on the left side for the wire, so you can close the lid.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
Here's what I do. I run the power cord from the front power jack under the handbrake and up the side of the console where it plugs into the side of my phone. The mount is the $20 Verizon universal mount that is stuck to the flat in front of the radio display.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Chevrolet Chevrolet cruze
Vehicle Car Auto part Wheel

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I use the one behind the console and put the phone in the console. There's a gap on the left side for the wire, so you can close the lid.
Is there really? I'd looked once before and hadn't seen it. Guess I need to inspect closer. Thanks for that!

Obermd: Looks good! Get much wobble from the mount or is it pretty sturdy?

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
I get a little wobble. When it starts to wobble I simply tighten the two thumb wheels - one at the base and one at the cradle. It's stable enough that I can use my phone for navigation and it doesn't stick up into my windshield view.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts