Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't know exactly where to post this, and couldn't find anything in the search on this very annoying occurrence. Anyone else get annoyed by their center console retracting to the closed position on it's own. I like mine fully extended however, it seems to find it's way all the way back on it's own. Have any of you put anything behind it to keep it fully extended? If so, what did you use? Trying to figure out the best way to keep it forward without anything too permanent, or damaging to the car, without making it look too "rigged".

Thanks,
Bruteforce

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts

·
Lyrical Wordsmith
6,747 Posts
I hate that, i don't know why i didn't notice it when i bought the car. The first thing i look at is this on ANY car..

There was a member on here that put a wooden block and painted it the same color to stop it from sliding back.

You do, however, lose the center arm rest compartment, and a cup holder slightly...

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
Yeah, I brought this point up to Chevy when I wrote them my 5 pg letter. It was on my "wish list" that they would make the center console armrest both longer and softer and be able to lock into place if it must be one that slides in and out. Hopefully they will listen, haha!

·
Lyrical Wordsmith
6,747 Posts
Yeah, I brought this point up to Chevy when I wrote them my 5 pg letter. It was on my "wish list" that they would make the center console armrest both longer and softer and be able to lock into place if it must be one that slides in and out. Hopefully they will listen, haha!

WOW 5 page long letter? I don't even write anything longer than a paragraph. ANYTHING.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I had a piece of rubber from a coin/sunglass pad from an older car that I measured and cut then angle cut to fit. My wife now has a place for her glasses and we are now use to opening the rest by feeling for that second release latch under it. It works great and since it is rubber it holds very well
without any damage. Vehicle Car Auto part Center console Car seat cover

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.