Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, the Cruze Diesel site is getting a little stagnant folks! We're getting 5 pages of posts (facetiously stated) on "Thinking of Buying a CTD" and other threads. Now those are important and I think we should all voice an opinion for the potential buyer concerning one of the world's best cars, but we need to spice the forum up a bit...we've been at the same number of threads for some time now. So, with that said:

I issue this challenge: My Cruze diesel is faster in the quarter mile than any other "bone stock" Chevrolet Cruze on the forum. If you don't believe me, meet me at Memphis International Raceway on March 28th at 8:00 p.m. and we'll run-em side-by-side to find out (weather permitting)! When we're done, we'll begin a thread to post our fastest time slips. I will take my GoPro cameras to gather additional evidence. Gas fueled Cruze's are invited as well.

Realizing some of you won't be able to make that trip, it would be acceptable to me, for you to post your times from any other trip to your local dragstrip. Some of you may not be close enough to a 1/4 mile strip, but 1/8 mile time slips are ok too.

If any of you come and have never run a car at the drag strip, I would be willing to do a short instructional talk at the strip on how to do it and how to get the best times and, most importantly...how to win! Oh...bring a helmet if you expect your Cruze to break into the 13 second range!!!!...lol...(I will bring two helmets just in case rules have changed and all runs require a helmet).

So, who's in???

·
Registered
747 Posts
Ok, the Cruze Diesel site is getting a little stagnant folks! We're getting 5 pages of posts (facetiously stated) on "Thinking of Buying a CTD" and other threads.
I think the important thing to note here is we don't have a forum full of problems. I'll be happy to talk about how much I like my car as long as we don't have to talk about how much they're falling apart.

As for the race, yeah, I'm like 1,000 miles away, but have fun!

·
Registered
269 Posts
OOoooo. I would love to take my car out on a track...never done it before. Unfortunately memphis is a bit far from me, and I have no idea how to find it there is anything close to me...

·
Registered
791 Posts
I think the important thing to note here is we don't have a forum full of problems. I'll be happy to talk about how much I like my car as long as we don't have to talk about how much they're falling apart.

As for the race, yeah, I'm like 1,000 miles away, but have fun!
just like the maytag repair man **** things won`t break!! ...........boring car

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
I know, lets make the contest about who would take the longest to get there, I believe I have a good chance at this?
Especially if you include the time it would take to ship your Cruze. :)

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
I've noticed that our CDT owners have been posting in other parts of CruzeTalk when their comments and questions apply to the Cruze in general. This is actually a good thing for the forum as a whole.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Is your Cruze modified?
Nope, my Cruze is bone stock and I would probably lose every race, but I would have fun doing it...lol.

I know, lets make the contest about who would take the longest to get there, I believe I have a good chance at this?
Pretty sure I know who'd win!

I would be interested in your instructions. I have never raced a 1/4 mile.
I'm sure I wouldn't be the fastest, but I might get the best MPG.
I have been drag racing for a long, long time and could really give some good advice...honest.

OOoooo. I would love to take my car out on a track...never done it before. Unfortunately memphis is a bit far from me, and I have no idea how to find it there is anything close to me...
Just Google it...you'll find one. I did that for the Chicago area and remembered Route 66 Raceway. I've raced there!

·
Administrator
15,765 Posts
The Cruze Diesel is tested by various places from 16.7-17.1 seconds in the 1/4 mile. With a weekend's worth of luggage for myself and my wife, a 15" subwoofer in the trunk (plus amplifiers), no track prep, and a horrible launch (had never tried to launch a manual transmission during a race prior to this), I did a 17.1 in the 1/4 mile.

With a "40hp" tune, this guy pulled a 16.5 in his Cruze diesel:
2014 Cruze Diesel 1/4 mile - YouTube

With the right "driver mod," a manual 1.4T 1LT or Eco might beat you.

·
Premium Member
4,147 Posts
The Cruze Diesel is tested by various places from 16.7-17.1 seconds in the 1/4 mile. With a weekend's worth of luggage for myself and my wife, a 15" subwoofer in the trunk (plus amplifiers), no track prep, and a horrible launch (had never tried to launch a manual transmission during a race prior to this), I did a 17.1 in the 1/4 mile.

With a "40hp" tune, this guy pulled a 16.5 in his Cruze diesel:
2014 Cruze Diesel 1/4 mile - YouTube

With the right "driver mod," a manual 1.4T 1LT or Eco might beat you.
Even diesel owners seem to be missing the point, put 4 adults and a trunk full of luggage in the car and then drive it in mountains and you will be in real diesel territory, or need to gvertake an 18 wheeler on a single lane country road, then you will see what a diesel is all about. It was never meant to be a race car, just a really quiet and safe tourer. How do you think it would go if you reduced the weight to that of an Eco?

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
Even diesel owners seem to be missing the point, put 4 adults and a trunk full of luggage in the car and then drive it in mountains and you will be in real diesel territory, or need to gvertake an 18 wheeler on a single lane country road, then you will see what a diesel is all about. It was never meant to be a race car, just a really quiet and safe tourer. How do you think it would go if you reduced the weight to that of an Eco?
The ECO MT's shiine in these conditions as well. I really feel that "CRUZE" is a valid name for this car. Regardless of powertrain and gearing this car is fabulous for Cruzing.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.