Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I’m Angus, I’m 20 and I’m from Australia! 🇦🇺

Thought I’d finally sign up to the forum, considering I have a funny feeling I will be spending a LOT of time here very soon.

I am the (somewhat) proud new owner for of a 2011 JG Cruze CD AUTOMATIC, 1.8L N/A. which I believe is the equivalent of a Gen 1 Chevy.

I decided to get one cause I got it for the cheap price of 3k AUD, with the trade off of having 238,000 kilometres on the clock and NO service history. Basically, I’m only doing this to challenge myself into trying to keep one of the most notoriously finicky 4bangers on the Australian market going on and on for as long as possible. I wanna see what the TRUE end of the line is for a car, Theseus’s Ship style. And what better one to pick than the mighty Daewoo?

I’ve taken it to a shop once, got them to do a once over, and there’s a bunch of things that are suspect, at best. Like for some reason there is a plethora of silicone sealant around a sensor, and an oil leak coming from the timing case area, apparently, which makes no sense to me since it’s belt driven not chain. Should probably get that up on stilts lol.
Done the oil, the transmission w/ gm’s current spec dex fluid (I think it was dex6 instead of dex3? Can’t think of it off the top of my head) and I’m planning on doing the sparkies today, as I think the last time they were replaced was… many moons ago.

If anybody is interested in seeing what shenanigans I get myself into, I’ll make sure to start a thread in the projects section!

Anyways, it’s nice to meet you all. It’s awesome to see there’s a little hideaway for such a misunderstood rebadge. Time to do some light reading I think aha.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice to see another Aussie here.

But I thought that by 2011 all the Cruzen being sold in Oz were JHs?? No doubt a few were still on the boats!!
I think I nearly just got played by the incredibly dubious gentleman I bought the car off- I checked RMS and it’s registered as a H20: 2010 CD model. I wonder why I got that lost in translation? The VIN said it was a JG…. And the manual was JG…. SUSPECT

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
13,251 Posts
Hi all! I’m Angus, I’m 20 and I’m from Australia! 🇦🇺

Thought I’d finally sign up to the forum, considering I have a funny feeling I will be spending a LOT of time here very soon.

I am the (somewhat) proud new owner for of a 2011 JG Cruze CD AUTOMATIC, 1.8L N/A. which I believe is the equivalent of a Gen 1 Chevy.

I decided to get one cause I got it for the cheap price of 3k AUD, with the trade off of having 238,000 kilometres on the clock and NO service history. Basically, I’m only doing this to challenge myself into trying to keep one of the most notoriously finicky 4bangers on the Australian market going on and on for as long as possible. I wanna see what the TRUE end of the line is for a car, Theseus’s Ship style. And what better one to pick than the mighty Daewoo?

I’ve taken it to a shop once, got them to do a once over, and there’s a bunch of things that are suspect, at best. Like for some reason there is a plethora of silicone sealant around a sensor, and an oil leak coming from the timing case area, apparently, which makes no sense to me since it’s belt driven not chain. Should probably get that up on stilts lol.
Done the oil, the transmission w/ gm’s current spec dex fluid (I think it was dex6 instead of dex3? Can’t think of it off the top of my head) and I’m planning on doing the sparkies today, as I think the last time they were replaced was… many moons ago.

If anybody is interested in seeing what shenanigans I get myself into, I’ll make sure to start a thread in the projects section!

Anyways, it’s nice to meet you all. It’s awesome to see there’s a little hideaway for such a misunderstood rebadge. Time to do some light reading I think aha.
Welcome Aboard!(y)

I think this applies to your vehicle and may answer your oil issue.

How-To: Replace CPASV (Camshaft Position Actuator Solenoid Valve) Seals

1 - 5 of 5 Posts