Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was my only day off from my 88 hour work week, and what better way than spending it working on my Cruze and TBSS :grin:...

I will not be touching the Cruze performance wise. It's my daily driver and my need for speed is satisfied with my SS. I do however like to make my vehicles unique to me and tastefully mod them. So i did some appearance mods today. I swapped out the amber side marker lenses for clear DEPO ones. I converted the whole car to LED (minus headlights and tail lights which im currently researching on now), and i blacked out my Chevy Bow Ties with gloss black vinyl... onto the pix...

Comparison of lenses...

New LED SMD 5050 lights...

And the outcome...

Interior and License plate LED's... I also did the trunk but we all know what that light looks like so no need to post lol...

And Blacked out vinyl Bow Ties...

Reactions: Starks8 and obermd

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
looks great so far! what brand are those LED's? Also, did you have any trouble installing the vinyl on the front badge? I totally screwed mine up so I was just curious. I've been thinking about those DEPO side markers myself I just cant decide if I want clear or smoked!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
looks great so far! what brand are those LED's? Also, did you have any trouble installing the vinyl on the front badge? I totally screwed mine up so I was just curious. I've been thinking about those DEPO side markers myself I just cant decide if I want clear or smoked!
Thanks man...

They're just basic ebay led's. Opinions are mixed on led's that are purchased on ebay but I've had alot of success with them over the years and I always buy from an American seller. And I was slightly torn as well. Clear or smoked goes well with my red but to me, clear stands out more so I went with that.

And I had trouble just in one corner of my front bowtie. Rear was piece of cake but thats partly due to the trial and error on the front bowtie lol... so now I'll just go to my local vinyl shop and get a little 6"x6" sheet of black vinyl and redo the front.

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Does it bug you as much as it did me that both the license plate lights aim to the left? With a flat file I trimmed that chromed plastic enough to turn the right one around to aim right.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nah, it doesnt bug me at all... they're bright enough to light it up ok at night. so thats all that matters to me

1 - 5 of 5 Posts