Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turbocharger was changed due to a low boost so now that shop changed it and gave it back paid $700 for it. I drove it to work the next day and it was hesitating at higher rpms and stabilitrak came on and service traction control among with a CEL also leaking oil. The obd2 scanner is reading p2261 turbocharger bypass valve mechanical and also random misfires. I just had the coil pack and spark plugs replaced Prior putting brand new turbo

Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
Sounds like you need to pay them a visit to get it resolved as the work they did sounds quite questionable.

Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
I dropped it off this morning
Good luck, let us know what they find out. But we are shooting into the dark without some more details. Hopefully they get you fixed up.

Premium Member
Turbocharger was changed due to a low boost so now that shop changed it and gave it back paid $700 for it. I drove it to work the next day and it was hesitating at higher rpms and stabilitrak came on and service traction control among with a CEL also leaking oil. The obd2 scanner is reading p2261 turbocharger bypass valve mechanical and also random misfires. I just had the coil pack and spark plugs replaced Prior putting brand new turbo
I had a random P2261 code after I upgraded my turbo to a bigger one. I went through the vacuum lines, checked the diaphragm in the valve, made sure everything was snug, spring was stiffer but bought it from the tuner.

Then I came across a YouTube video and the guy was going to show you how to disable error codes in HP Tuners software ... and what code did he pick, P2261 and he said if you鈥檙e tuner doesn鈥檛 know how to tune around it it can be a lot of false positives.

Did you buy a turbo as a complete assembly? That鈥檚 a lot of problems for just swapping out the turbo... good luck!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good luck, let us know what they find out. But we are shooting into the dark without some more details. Hopefully they get you fixed up.
The shop called me and said the turbo oil return line the plastic end broke. Idk why gm thought it was a good idea to have hot oil to return through plastic. He鈥檚 not charging me for fix it. So they can鈥檛 get the part until tomorrow so I鈥檓 hoping for the best when I get off work tomorrow.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had a random P2261 code after I upgraded my turbo to a bigger one. I went through the vacuum lines, checked the diaphragm in the valve, made sure everything was snug, spring was stiffer but bought it from the tuner.

Then I came across a YouTube video and the guy was going to show you how to disable error codes in HP Tuners software ... and what code did he pick, P2261 and he said if you鈥檙e tuner doesn鈥檛 know how to tune around it it can be a lot of false positives.

Did you buy a turbo as a complete assembly? That鈥檚 a lot of problems for just swapping out the turbo... good luck!
He said the pressure of the turbo busted the oil return line

Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
Well thats not true, its not under pressure there. Anyway, glad they are going to fix it for you! It does break easily.

Premium Member
He鈥檚 yanking your chain...unless there is an internal problem with the turbo the oil flow doesn鈥檛 come in contact with the boost of the turbo. It is absolutely a must that the oil feed line be replaced with a new turbo. I have spares and plan on changing them out every 15-20K miles just as an assurance.

Registered
I have the same problem and can feel the misfires any suggestion on what parts I need to replace or even better if I could clean them or anything like that would greatly be appreciated thanks

Premium Member
2012 Cruze LTZ 1989 StarQuest 2004 TrialBlazer EXT
I have the same problem and can feel the misfires any suggestion on what parts I need to replace or even better if I could clean them or anything like that would greatly be appreciated thanks
I had a simiilair issue when I installed my larger ZZP V3 Turbo and as it turned out my gap on my plugs was to far open.. Check your plug gap would be my recommendation. And yeah they probably broke the return line when they installed the turbo but didnt notice. They are flimsy.. I have the one I pulled off and replaced with the new turbo and may see if I cant make up a improved variation with the pieces and some PTFE braid line. .

Registered
I had a simiilair issue when I installed my larger ZZP V3 Turbo and as it turned out my gap on my plugs was to far open.. Check your plug gap would be my recommendation. And yeah they probably broke the return line when they installed the turbo but didnt notice. They are flimsy.. I have the one I pulled off and replaced with the new turbo and may see if I cant make up a improved variation with the pieces and some PTFE braid line. .
Thanks for the help. The thing with the new turbo is that it was installed before I bought car and never had a problem until the other day. So I doubt it would be the return line but I'll check. I'm thinking the actuator isnt working correctly and either not opening or closing the wastegate correctly. Another issue (possibly) is my HUD that acts as a bunch of gauges for me is saying at idle my a/f ratio is 16.0 at idle but can't remember if it was like that before the CEL went on. I have to do a vacuum test after I install the pcv fix kit if the problem persists. Thanks again and I'll keep updating with my Cruze journey lol.

Premium Member
I have a random P2261 on my stock turbo. One fix is easy and cheap, the other fix means it's smarter to replace the whole turbo and manifold. It only happens during spirited driving and I downshift. I'm waiting until my turbo fails. 104K miles.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts