Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, I just recently changed my valve cover and gasket with OEM. I torqued cover in sequence with 71in.lbs. I scraped off old gasket remnants and used black high temp gasket maker silicone where timing chain cover meets the head. No signs of oil leaking anywhere from valve cover. My issue I am having now is when accelerating hard, car sputters like I have a pcv leak somewhere. Anyone experience this issue after replacing their valve cover / gasket? Thanks

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,546 Posts
Hello, I just recently changed my valve cover and gasket with OEM. I torqued cover in sequence with 71in.lbs. I scraped off old gasket remnants and used black high temp gasket maker silicone where timing chain cover meets the head. No signs of oil leaking anywhere from valve cover. My issue I am having now is when accelerating hard, car sputters like I have a pcv leak somewhere. Anyone experience this issue after replacing their valve cover / gasket? Thanks
Check and make sure that the springs are straight in the coil pack boots before putting it back on.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I always check the springs and I made sure they were straight before I reinstalled the coil pack. I have new plugs coming in the mail and a new MSD coil pack. I also re-gapped the plugs to .28. It feels like when my oil catch can would be full of water and oil, but I switched back to the stock pcv hose to ensure i wasn't leaking from the can somewhere. When my coil pack would get corroded inside, I would experience misfires when slowly building boost. No corrosion inside this time since I used dielectric grease. I will hook my autocal up and data log to see if I'm misfiring on a certain cylinder. Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did a couple runs back and forth on the e way and found out that I am misfiring on just about every cylinder. I took my springs out and there is no corrosion on anything. I will update you when I install the new plugs and coil pack.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Oil catch can seperates the oil and water that your pcv releases into the turbo intake. Its purpose is to eliminate those 2 from going through your intercooler and intake which isn't good over a long period of time. I had the entire lower half of my intercooler holding oily water that was making it's way up the charge pipe into my intake system. Not a good thing and the catch can is not factory added. It's optional

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,546 Posts
Oil catch can seperates the oil and water that your pcv releases into the turbo intake. Its purpose is to eliminate those 2 from going through your intercooler and intake which isn't good over a long period of time. I had the entire lower half of my intercooler holding oily water that was making it's way up the charge pipe into my intake system. Not a good thing and the catch can is not factory added. It's optional

Is the check valve still present in the intake manifold? There's a built in oil separator in the valve cover that works IF the check valve is doing it's job

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Changed out the coil pack/plugs and no more problems! Kinda weird how I experienced this after just changing the valve cover. Thanks for your help jblackburn

1 - 8 of 8 Posts