Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read multiple threads about hard charge pipes, and there seems to be no answer for them besides swappin out to a fmic. I am thinkin about going the diy/custom route. My question is, has any one on the forum done this? Due to the way the elbows connect to the intercooler, is it even possible to use a silicon coupling? If some one has done this could they give me a parts list to what i will need? I only plan on goin the hot side due to not knowing where i can get a MAP sensor bung.

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Why would you want to replace stock charge pipes anyways with a stock cooler? even though they are plastic pipes, for the Cruze they do more then needed to. My ZZP intercooler did help with idling though, when i was stock in hot weather the car would idle very rough, on cooler days not so much.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After watching a video of the charge pipes expanding under boost, it seems that a more rigid charge pipe would help with throttle response.

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
After watching a video of the charge pipes expanding under boost, it seems that a more rigid charge pipe would help with throttle response.
Probably but I doubt you would notice any real world difference. If you are gonna do it I would go custom and put a spearco or garrett on it with a high efficiency thick cooler

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just keep in mind plastic doesn't heat soak as badly as pretty much any metal material. Even if colder air is flowing through a metal pipe, the tmap is still right next to the cylinder head on the cold side pipe. I wish it would be relocated on aftermarket set ups.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts