Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i have noticed that alot of you guys have also had the exact same problems that i am running into, My check engine light is on and i took it to see all what i needed to take care of and even got a diagnostic test on it from the dealership and alot of codes came up but out of all of them even after I've gotten a Purge solenoid, Maf, both 02 sensors and a Throttle body cleaning P1101 and P0106 are still popping up and keeping me from passing emissions test, Any suggestions?

·
Administrator
25,602 Posts
What order do they appear in the list? Go after the first code first and then see what clears. Many times subsequent codes are simply reactions to the first code.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
First question is always, did you modify your vehicle in anyway?

"DTC P1101: Intake Air Flow System Performance

Circuit/System Description

The engine control module (ECM) compares actual airflow based on throttle position (TP) to a calculated airflow based on manifold absolute pressure (MAP) sensor, and mass air flow (MAF)."

MAF uses to nichrome resistors one senses the cooling by airflow, other is a fixed reference. If the air sensor is reading lower due to oil from an aftermarket filter, will run cooler indicating more airflow. TPS could be dirty or MAP is reading low, can also be a vacuum leak. MAP goes low with more air flow.

P0106 deals with Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) Sensor Performance

"The manifold absolute pressure (MAP) sensor responds to pressure changes in the intake manifold. The pressure changes occur based on the engine load. The engine control module (ECM) supplies 5 V to the MAP sensor on the 5 V reference circuit. The ECM provides a ground on the low reference circuit. The MAP sensor provides a signal to the ECM on the MAP sensor signal circuit which is relative to the pressure changes in the manifold. The ECM detects a low signal voltage at a low MAP, such as during an idle or a deceleration. The ECM detects a high signal voltage at a high MAP, such as the ignition is ON, with the engine OFF, or at a wide open throttle (WOT). The MAP sensor is also used to determine the barometric pressure (BARO)."

On a 2.2L GM engine, was able to bench test the MAP sensor, was okay, but the O-Ring inserted into the intake manifold was rotten, replacing that not only saved $$$$ replacing the MAP sensor, but also cured the problem. Really don't know until you look.

I hate O-rings, but production sure loves them, instead of screwing a part in for a good seal, just slide it in and hope for the best. But really not intended for an automotive environment.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First question is always, did you modify your vehicle in anyway?

"DTC P1101: Intake Air Flow System Performance

Circuit/System Description

The engine control module (ECM) compares actual airflow based on throttle position (TP) to a calculated airflow based on manifold absolute pressure (MAP) sensor, and mass air flow (MAF)."

MAF uses to nichrome resistors one senses the cooling by airflow, other is a fixed reference. If the air sensor is reading lower due to oil from an aftermarket filter, will run cooler indicating more airflow. TPS could be dirty or MAP is reading low, can also be a vacuum leak. MAP goes low with more air flow.

P0106 deals with Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) Sensor Performance

"The manifold absolute pressure (MAP) sensor responds to pressure changes in the intake manifold. The pressure changes occur based on the engine load. The engine control module (ECM) supplies 5 V to the MAP sensor on the 5 V reference circuit. The ECM provides a ground on the low reference circuit. The MAP sensor provides a signal to the ECM on the MAP sensor signal circuit which is relative to the pressure changes in the manifold. The ECM detects a low signal voltage at a low MAP, such as during an idle or a deceleration. The ECM detects a high signal voltage at a high MAP, such as the ignition is ON, with the engine OFF, or at a wide open throttle (WOT). The MAP sensor is also used to determine the barometric pressure (BARO)."

On a 2.2L GM engine, was able to bench test the MAP sensor, was okay, but the O-Ring inserted into the intake manifold was rotten, replacing that not only saved $$$$ replacing the MAP sensor, but also cured the problem. Really don't know until you look.

I hate O-rings, but production sure loves them, instead of screwing a part in for a good seal, just slide it in and hope for the best. But really not intended for an automotive environment.
Wow well that seems like alot of helpful information i appreciate that ill get my mechanic to check it out again for me and if that doesn't work guess i will be back at the dealership again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts