Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today i was getting on the highway and decided to get on it a little but then i felt a bog and my check engine light came right on!. It idles and drives fine, no unusual engine bay sounds either. Just only when i give it full throttle the powerband isn't delivering its full potential. So i had it checked, came with an only code reading P0325 Known as the Knock Sensor. Said low fuel pressure and engine mechanical condition knock or rattle in engine. Defective sensor. Possibilities it give.
I drive a 2017 Chevy Cruze LS 1.4l 24k miles. First issue i had with it. Piston issue?
Anyone had issues with their knock sensors?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Mine went off the other day because someone, who shall remain nameless, put regular in Penelope. She doesn’t drink that low brow garbage.

I refilled with premium and it went away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I normally put good quality fuel only in my cruze, That one time i put regular and i notice it surely didn't like it at all. So i took your word and refilled with premium! reset the pcm and now shes running back to normal for now as we speak! which im very glad, didnt wanna make a trip to the dealer. The more i search through these forums i notice that our car is way better off running a higher octane which makes since for a turbo car. Lesson learned to never put cheap unleaded fuel! haha

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
FYI if there's no issues with the car then even if you put in low octane fuel you will not get a CEL for knock sensor. Period.

If your car threw a knock sensor code there's something going on OR it was a one time glitch.

The PCM will adapt to poor octane fuel and drive for the most part normally with a very slight penalty under hard acceleration.

CEL will not come on. This is one of the main purposes of the knock sensor. To adapt strategies depending on fuel, air, temperature etc etc. The pcm will run the car right up to where it knocks then back off a little until it quits. It learns this and runs accordingly.

The fact that you put in fuel and reset the pcm just took it out of limp mode for now. Hopefully it stays away but don't be surprised if it comes back in a while.

You could have simply reset the PCM and not put different fuel in and I bet it would be running "normal" like you are experiencing...for now.

Oh yeah, by the way. Any time you reset the PCM to clear a code to restore driveability you also erased important diagnostic logs and history should you end up taking it in for work. The PCM saves a snapshot of events that led up to that code being triggered. Resetting the PCM wipes it all out. Makes it real tough for a mechanic to look at what happened.

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
I suspect a broken piston could trigger the knock sensor without detonation, just from the noise the bad piston makes.

And performance would be off too.

·
Registered
60 Posts
mine went at 86,000 miles. while they were looking at it they noticed a coolant leak, turns out my water pump was shot. The sensor may have gone bad from overheating due to the bad water pump, but that check engine light going off for the sensor probably saved my motor.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 17 Cruze and my first time the knock sensor when out about 2 months ago so I just changed it and then 3 weeks later it came back on and then I changed it again and the. 2 weeks later came back on again and now I can clear the code and it comes right back on but their are time when I crank the car the light is off and runs and drives just fine and as soon as the light comes back on it starts running like crap again and I haven’t seen where anyone having this problem. Any help with this would be appreciated

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am having same problem. Mechanic fixed manifold problem and turned it off. Now on again with lose of power when light comes on (unless i gun it). 2013 turbo engine

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey There

Anyone find a fix ?

Mine has been behaving the same, loses turbo boost and then engine light comes on spitting out P0324 and P0325 codes.

Replaced knock sensor and issue persisted.
Removed valve cover and found a loose bolt on timing chain. Tightened but problem still existing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Today i was getting on the highway and decided to get on it a little but then i felt a bog and my check engine light came right on!. It idles and drives fine, no unusual engine bay sounds either. Just only when i give it full throttle the powerband isn't delivering its full potential. So i had it checked, came with an only code reading P0325 Known as the Knock Sensor. Said low fuel pressure and engine mechanical condition knock or rattle in engine. Defective sensor. Possibilities it give.
I drive a 2017 Chevy Cruze LS 1.4l 24k miles. First issue i had with it. Piston issue?
Anyone had issues with their knock sensors?
Had same issue, originally was a loose bolt in timing chain housing. Must replace with real chevy knock sensor though or you will continue to have engine light come on

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had same issue, originally was a loose bolt in timing chain housing. Must replace with real chevy knock sensor though or you will continue to have engine light come on
I also found a loose bolt on my timing chain housing, knock sensor has also been replaced. Engine light and codes have not came back on in 3 weeks however my turbo still does not feel quite right....

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also found a loose bolt on my timing chain housing, knock sensor has also been replaced. Engine light and codes have not came back on in 3 weeks however my turbo still does not feel quite right....
If you didn't replace with Chevrolet brand it will come on again. My turbo was doing same thing

1 - 12 of 12 Posts