Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2013 2LT 40,000 miles

So today decided to put a new stock intake filter in. Just stock fram. im driving home and i notice this orange light on..im guessing thats the check engine light correct? Now why would this come on after simply changing out the filter. I was very gentle not to disturb wire that is connected to lid. Car still seemed to drive fine. I checked the oil cap and gas cap to make sure they were on tight as well as ive heard that can make it pop on. Any help would be much appreciated... Is there a way to get a diaagnostic for free? i know pep boys used to do them free i think

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pull the filter out and reseat it. Then make sure the cover is on tight. It's possible the filter didn't drop in quite right and it's blocking the air flow.
Hey Ober thanks.. tried to reseat after work unfortunately no change. Im gonna go by autozone and see if they can pull code for me this weekend.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know you said you didn't disconnect the MAF sensor, but I found that connection very picky and you could have pulled on it enough for it to making an intermittent connection. I would pull the clip back press the button and unplug the MAF and re-seat it to make sure its connected fully. I replaced the air filter in my cruze 3-4 times, and twice I got the loud engine fan and CEL because even though that wire clicked into place, it wasn't seated all the way in.
When i reseated it i thought about that plug somehow getting loose so i flicked it a couple times and pressed it back together to make sure of contact. But never disconnnected it. After your advice i went back and fully dissconnected the plug blew in both ends and plugged back in and snapped clip. Got it car check engine light still on. Went to walmart and when i got back in my car this time no check engine light!!! Thanks Spaced! what a relief!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.