Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I had my oil changed at which time I was advised to also change the air and cabin filters. Drove home ok but the next morning the check engine light came on. Can someone please give me advice as to what I should look for. Unfortunately, the shop that did this burnt down overnight following my service.....

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,544 Posts
Get the codes read by an auto parts store. Most will pull codes for free. We need the Pxxxx code numbers, not the description.

As a first guess, though, look around the engine air filter box for any signs that the lid or hose is askew or filter pinched.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Advance Auto, AutoZone, Car Quest, Napa Pep Boy's, O'Riley's all will read your codes for you.

Like jblackburn said, check for any loose connections around your air filter.

·
Registered
574 Posts
IMO all car owners should buy a cheap scan tool on eBay to save them time & money. The stealerships will make sure you open your wallet some how. LOL but yes go to the parts store & find code. I have a scan gauge that does this on the fly IMO best thing I bought for me cruze. She told me she happy I bought her too, Shirley is my cruze name. Cause Shirley knows everything

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have a Diablosport tuner, that I bought to custom tune my '11 GMC Sierra, that will read all GM codes since OBD2 started. It tells you the number, what the number is, and will clear the codes also. Been money well spent for me. Use it all the time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts