Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2012 cruze LT with am MT and 1.4T. I have about 62000 on it. While the car is at idle, the rpms start to fluctuate and bog down. My coolant is low and when you pull the dipstick there is a lot of air being pushed out. Haven't hooked it up to a scanner yet. Just wanted to get some thoughts.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Deal with the coolant and rough idling first. The coolant is most likely a leaking water pump and the rough idle is probably the PCV valve. The water pump is covered for 10 years/150,000 miles and the PCV is under your 5 year/100,000 mile power train warranty. I suspect your Traction control light will go off when the PCV valve is replaced since it comes on for any Check Engine Light.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
The Cruze, like every other car in the US throws the ABS & TC lights anytime there is a CEL, regardless of whether the CEL has anything to do with vehicle safety systems. I've seen ABS/TC trigger for a loose gas cap. I also know that when my Cruze threw the P0171 for a vacuum leak (PCV/Camshaft Cover leak) the ABS/TC systems went off line.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.