Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have an '11 cruze eco with 91.4k miles. Was on the road for the holiday when the check engine light came on, loss of fuel economy was apparent. Got into Columbus and had the engine code read. P1101 lean fuel condition. Coolant level also crept to empty.

Engine has rough idle and will stall if not throttled.

Opened the hood to top off coolant and noticed hissing coming from the valve cover. Removed plastic vavle cover and noticed significant air intake at the pcv valve orifice on valve cover.

Currently at Jack maxton Chevy in Columbus Ohio waiting for diagnosis.

Called national Chevy help desk late Saturday to discuss powertrain warranty coverage and they said they would send an email to jack maxton to cover diagnosis cost.

Customers noticed symptoms that are consistent with failed pcv vale and gradual loss of engine coolant bulletin.

Reference number issued by Chevy call center: 8-1718720435.

Got to dealer this morning (still here). Service rep stated they have yet to see an email that authorizes Chevy to cover the diagnosis.

Thus far, jack maxton service representatives have been very friendly and accommodating given the proximity to the Christmas holiday and it being a Monday morning.

Have hady water pump replaced last year and was a source for engine overheating. Seems that the gradual loss of coolant problem has resurfaced along with a failed pcv.

Hope to get my cruze back. Other than some, what I believe to be minor, setbacks the car has been pretty reliable.

Chevy, if you are listening in, some assistance with ensuring jack maxton knows that the diagnosis fee is covered under the powertrain warranty it would be appreciated.

-Craig Sheppard

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just got a heads up from the jack maxton service rep.

Coolant leaks are coming from the water pump and thermostats housing. Those are covered under warranty.

PVC is bad and they are replacing it, again covered under warranty.

Rep recommended a cleaning of the throttle body sensors and replacing the O2 sensor.

Asked the rep to hold of on the O2 sensor but clean the throttle body out. Looking at two hundred bucks. I will order an O2 sensor when I get back home, as those are fairly easy to replace on the cruze. Didn't really want to dick with the throttle body today.

Diagnosis fee covered under warranty.

Thank you Jack maxton and Chevy call center.

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
If it's the pcv cover, it's covered. I'm on my 3rd. Cheap plastic, poor design. Covered. Covered. Covered!!!!!
If you are on your third cover I'd be rather suspicious of the by-pass valve in the intake manifold stuck open.......that generally causes multiple pcv failures and is also a powertrain repair.

Rob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts