Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you have problems with the CEL coming on prior to passing 60,000 miles? Is this a long-term issue for you?

If so, you might petition GM to give you a "good will" warranty replacement. Show them all the redesigned EGR coolers that are going out to diesel Cruze owners because of these problems and show them that your problems started before your warranty ran out. If this is a redesigned part, you might ask them pretty please with sugar on top to replace it for you.

The other option for a continuing problem would be small claims court. If they refuse to replace a known bad part that they're replacing on other cars, it would make a decent case for you to take to small claims court. Having done this with Hyundai for a different issue, they just settled with me instead of going to trial.
Thanks, Barry, for the feedback and advice. This has been an issue for a long time, since maybe 10k miles or earlier (I'd have to check the documents), involving several sessions of recharging the catalytic converter and having parts replaced in the exhaust, such as sensors, etc. I have certainly already decided I will be contacting corporate. I have plenty of documentation to defend my case.

What I find interesting, though, is that yours is covered under a powertrain warranty and the dealership that I took my car to told me that it was not covered under powertrain warranty. They also told me my car is still under the powertrain warranty (maybe it was extended due to these known issues).

·
Registered
5 Posts
T
I had the EGR Cooler replaced on one of my three cars so far. It's a new part number item, meaning it had issues and has been redesigned. I have had the P2457 code now on all 3 of my Gen 2 Diesels, one has been replaced so far. It was ordered last SUMMER, and arrived about 2 months ago, then they had a coolant leak and it took 2 months to get a gasket and O-ring seal to fix that. GM is having some serious issues with parts logistics. It's also crystal clear to me that they know all these EGR Coolers have issues (hence the new part number). That is likely also why it is taking so long to get the parts.

I'll attach the old egr part, then the new part, you can see completely different numbers.

View attachment 284624 View attachment 284626
This is great information, thank you. From my understanding, the [old] part catalogue number was 12656014, so the part number displayed in your image is different from the part catalogue number. Does the catalogue number remain the same if there is a change in... factory number? (Not sure what to call that number).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anybody have any resolution for this yet? My 2015 Cruze Td has been at the Chevy dealer since mid october. They originally changed my egr valve and upon returning to my house noticed a coolant leak. Took back to dealer and they are saying it’s my egr cooler. They have ordered part 12656014, however I don’t feel like I need this whole kit. If it’s simply the cooler can’t they just replace that? The cooler itself is available as well as needed gaskets. I almost want to go get it to get a second opinion. I feel like Chevy isn’t going to reproduce the pet anytime soon. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Anybody have any resolution for this yet?
The fix for my car was replacing the EGR cooler valve. It's got a different part number, so it appears something was changed to make it a new part. I was driving the car for 3-4 months until they received the part to do the change.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts