Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
I have had an intermittent check engine light. The light comes on a goes off with no rhyme or reason. For the last week the light has been on and not shut off. I scanned the car for codes and the scanner came back with P0597. I cleared the code and it has not returned, yet.

The car is not overheating. Any ideas on what could be causing this code?

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
From what I can tell, it's a open in the heater circuit. The code may not set unless the ECM wants to use it.

The book suggests that the code can be set by low coolant. I'm guessing that low coolant would allow the heater to burn out and open up. If that's the case, it's going to take more than just topping off the coolant to fix it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So i checked the fluid levels in the car. It does not look to be losing any fluid and the fluid level is not low. Looks like the thermostat is shot, has anyone changed the thermostat in their Cruze?

·
Super Moderator
5,181 Posts
So i checked the fluid levels in the car. It does not look to be losing any fluid and the fluid level is not low. Looks like the thermostat is shot, has anyone changed the thermostat in their Cruze?
Check out the how to section http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/129-...place-thermostat-housing-thermostat-1-8l.html. This is for the 1.8 but it may be able to give some assistance as to what needs to be done. Course you never mentioned which engine you had so..... Check it out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts