121 - 140 of 156 Posts

·
Administrator
25,195 Posts
Yes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So picked my car up from the dealership today and they told me I had a bad oxygen sensor. Hard to believe with 63k on the car and I have the hissing sound from the pcv. Told the service writer about it acting funny after I noticed the sound and that I read about it on here. She replied "you can read a bunch of stuff online" yea I know but I researched it. Anyways they said it had a p015b-00 code slow response sensor 1. Just wondering if this could be only the pcv or both the pcv and sensor. Thanks 2013 cruze Lt rs

·
Registered
1 Posts
valve cover

I am having the same issue have they issued a recall or resolution for this for those of us who are past the warranty period? or is this considered part of the drivetrain?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just found this website as I was looking for some info on this problem with my wife's 2011 Cruze. Really good to know this is here, and to know we aren't the only ones with the problem. I just called her and told her to schedule an appt. with the dealer to get this fixed.
Going through the thread I do find it funny that early on in the posts there was interest in the problem from GM people but as time went on it kind of seemed to wain a bit.
Thanks for all the feedback from everyone on this, it is a big help.

·
Registered
11 Posts
So picked my car up from the dealership today and they told me I had a bad oxygen sensor. Hard to believe with 63k on the car and I have the hissing sound from the pcv. Told the service writer about it acting funny after I noticed the sound and that I read about it on here. She replied "you can read a bunch of stuff online" yea I know but I researched it. Anyways they said it had a p015b-00 code slow response sensor 1. Just wondering if this could be only the pcv or both the pcv and sensor. Thanks 2013 cruze Lt rs

My wife's 2012 LT is showing the same P015B code (along with the rough idle, surging and CEL). The car also gave me the following codes:

P0106 - Powertrain - MAP/barometric pressure
P1101 - Powertrain
P2AAA- Body (this is a "catch-all" code, kind of useless for diagnostics)
P0507 - Powertrain - Idle Control System RPM higher than expected

Looking at the O2 sensor data from my scanner, it shows very erratic readings on bank 1 sensor 1 when the engine is under load. I've read that "normal" operating voltage for an O2 sensor is 0.9v-0.1v (that's universal, not necessarily Cruze or GM specific), but mine is showing 0.015v-0.035v. Based on that, I think we might have a bad 02 sensor, or maybe we have the O2 sensor problem AND the PCV problem, considering the other codes. Oddly, we haven't had the P0171 code and traction light that everyone seems to get with the PCV problem, but the rest of the symptoms are the same.

I'm going to pull more data tonight after work and maybe even test the O2 sensor with my multimeter. Have a good day!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Posting this for future reference in case anyone else has an experience similar to mine:

My wife's '12 LTZ started with the check engine light and a handful of fault codes last week, but the codes didn't seem to match what everyone else was seeing with the PCV issue. Specifically, I didn't get P0171 or the stabilitrac warning. As I posted previously:

My wife's 2012 LT is showing the same P015B code (along with the rough idle, surging and CEL). The car also gave me the following codes:

P0106 - Powertrain - MAP/barometric pressure
P1101 - Powertrain
P2AAA- Body (this is a "catch-all" code, kind of useless for diagnostics)
P0507 - Powertrain - Idle Control System RPM higher than expected
(We also discovered that the remote start won't work when the check engine light is on, but that's just an aside.)

Today, I cleaned the mass air flow sensor and oxygen sensor #1, then cleared the codes before a short drive. The stabilitrack warning came on this time, and I started to hear the whistle sound others have described.

The wife is going to set up an appointment with the dealer tomorrow morning. I'm currently psyching myself up in case I have to argue with them about the warranty. Will update soon!

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Go back to COMG- The Cruze Owner's Maintenance Guide

Couple of days ago I noticed my car starting to idle really high when it was warming up (1500 rpm) before it would go back down. The car has already been in the shop before for a rough idle but was repeatedly told it was "normal". Now the idle is very rough with a pronounced 'miss' its like a cylinder just isn't firing and the car is idling around 600 rpm. The check engine light came on and then the 'service traction control' came on but went off the next time I started it.

I have a video I'm loading onto youtube right now of it. Car has 35k miles and is really starting to tick me off. Will be bringing it to the dealership tom. Any clues to what I'm in for?
We’re sorry to hear you’re having a tough time with your Cruze, RandomTask. I see that you planned on taking the vehicle back into the dealership. Have you heard back from them? We’re available via private message and are happy to discuss this in greater depth with your dealer. Should you send an inquiry, please include your VIN, contact information, and the name of your dealership.

Kind regards,

Jasmine
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had this problem at 46000 miles and was replaced under warranty in nov 2013. At 109231 and having same problem.what is the warranty on replacement parts? Looks like a ongoing problem with theses cars looks like its going to have to be replaced on a 50,000 miles tine frame.

·
Super Moderator
5,535 Posts
There is no additional warranty for parts that were replaced during warranty.

Example: Cam cover replaced at 3 years/50,000 miles showing.......the car has a 5 year/100,000 mile warranty......the camcover is only covered for the remaining warranty, ie, 2 years, 50,000 miles.

So, this one is on your dime.

Rob

·
Administrator
25,195 Posts
There is no additional warranty for parts that were replaced during warranty.

Example: Cam cover replaced at 3 years/50,000 miles showing.......the car has a 5 year/100,000 mile warranty......the camcover is only covered for the remaining warranty, ie, 2 years, 50,000 miles.

So, this one is on your dime.

Rob
Either to the end of the initial warranty or 12 months/12,000 miles after repair, whichever comes later. Most GM repairs come with a 12 month/12,000 mile warranty for the repair itself just in case there is an "infant mortality" failure of the replacement part.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
I had this problem at 46000 miles and was replaced under warranty in nov 2013. At 109231 and having same problem.what is the warranty on replacement parts? Looks like a ongoing problem with theses cars looks like its going to have to be replaced on a 50,000 miles tine frame.
Hello docdoomcruze,

I'm very sorry to hear about this reoccurring concern. I'd be happy to look into this further and contact your dealership to work toward a solution. If this is of interest, please feel welcome to send us a private message with your VIN, mileage, contact information, and preferred dealership.

Thank you,

Jasmine
GM Customer Care

·
Registered
60 Posts
Guys i dont think these surges are a malfunction.

You ever tried turning on some electric components in the car at idle and notice a small surge? Since these are small 4cyl engines, it pulls power from it when its needed. I believe that these surges at idle or traffic light stop is because the car is either pumping oil or coolant, and ofcourse you wouldnt get that surge when driving because you're giving the engine power. Like you guys ever notice that at night time the headlights dim a little bit when you use the power windows? Its just the electrical system handling its loads. Who agree with me?

·
Administrator
25,195 Posts
The Cruze surges very slightly under certain circumstances, but they tend to be well defined. The car does not surge while sitting at a stop light, even when the A/C compressor turns on or off. It may be a small engine but it's a heavy car, which smooths out surges.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The Cruze surges very slightly under certain circumstances, but they tend to be well defined. The car does not surge while sitting at a stop light, even when the A/C compressor turns on or off. It may be a small engine but it's a heavy car, which smooths out surges.
So you dont ever notice the little surges i noted in my post? If not, and if i'm the only one, i am not worried. I am no master tech, but the symptoms match up and yes the car is a heavy build but i cant think of other logical reasons for the surge to occur. The oil pumps and any pumps of that matter are electrically powered and i always feel a little pull when using a/c, windows etc so im sure i am safe. I could be wrong but i know my cruze very well so thats why iam saying this. And when i'm at a light and it surges, i pop it in neutral and it stil surges, just a little more quiet. And by the way, these surges dont happen often, and it is honestly just a matter of me paying attention to listening/feeling for it.

By the way i noticed you said you live in md, i live in frederick!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Had the same problem with my car (2011 Cruze) idling really high and loud in 2014. Brought it into the dealer and they replaced the Rad Temp Sensor. Had too bring it into the shop again this morning for the same problem. Happens as soon as I start the car and still continues for a couple of seconds after shutoff.

·
Registered
13 Posts
At around 60K I was popping a whole list of codes including O2, fuel pressure, pressure sensor Traction and stability control and a couple of body codes.
The traction/stability control would freak out driving at a steady pace around 1100-1300rpm no matter what gear I was in. 40mph on a flat dry road was the best example.

It turned out to be two bad vacuum leaks. I accidentally found a really neat way to confirm that that was the issue.

Try this:
1) Turn off the car and take the gas cap off.
2) Start the car.
3) When the engine is warm turn it off.

If the car wont shut off or sounds and feels like it is still running(dieseling), then you have vacuum leaks.

To actually shut the car off, turn the key back to run, put the gascap back on and then turn off normally.

My two were the PCV valve Assembly and the Valve cover. The PCV was so bad it was stuck open making it a length of hose. The valve cover was $70 or so from the dealer. Once those two were replaced I cleared the codes and after 4000 miles nothing has come back on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
my husband and i had this issue, happened once every blue moon to begin with and we didnt address the issue then (only squeaky wheels get greased). fast forward about 8 months and the car would drop rpms, sometimes stalling, sometimes returning to normal. stopped filling gas with car on. then, car would turn on fine after fill up but as you pulled away from the pump and pressed gas to merge back onto roadway it would try to (and several times did) still. turned out to be the purge valve for the fuel system. ordered acdelco part from rockauto.com. they beat everyone elses price and it was shipped and arrived 4 days early. its located on top of the engine toward the windshield and you dont even need tools to change it! if im not mistaken its held in place by two plastic clips and two vacuum hoses. [2013 1.8L LS automatic trans] hope this helps

121 - 140 of 156 Posts