Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

141 - 158 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
First off, thanks to all who contributed here. I had this EXACT issue on my 2012 Eco (49k miles). Check engine light came on, surging idle etc. I went to the local autozone/oreilly and had code P0171. I started searching through the forum and thankfully came on this thread. Knowing virtually jack diddley about cars I checked youtube and how to sites. All boiled down to the PCV valve failure like most other posts here. I have extended warranty and the replacement by the dealer was covered. I guess next time I’ll have to do it myself.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 2 2011 cruzes and just replace the crank case cover on both. Each needed a new PCV value. Throwing codes P0171 / System Too Lean Bank 1 and p2096 / Post Catalyst fuel trim.

Based on the history GM is dealing with on this issue I was happy I could get the replacement part for about 50$. Also just replaced the antifreeze upper inlet host to the reservoir.
Every car has issues - I am just glad so far the parts are inexpensive.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm about to replace the 4th valve cover / pcv valve on my 2011 Cruze. I'd like to know who in the **** thought it was a good idea to integrate a $3.00 part into a $67.00 part? Apparently GM needs to go back to school on turbo charging engines, maybe just leave it to manufacturers that know what they're doing, and stop being like Chrysler of the 1970's that used it's paying customers be the R&D guinea pigs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have been racking my mind. I had the traction control and stabilitrak warnings, along with p171 code, take it to oreilys and they say MAF sensor or intake tube, take it to AutoZone and it's the intake manifold. took it to the dealer they say sticking throttle position and bad o2 sensor. I have replaced the plugs (they were fouled), the rear o2 sensor, cleaned the fuel system both top and bottom. CEL will come on for a day or so and then gies out, then comes back on a day later, and back off the next day. I have checked all the vacuum lines I can see, they all look new still. It's a 2014 1.8 LS with 31k. I wouldnt worry about it too much cause after all the work I have been able to do I got almost 5mpg more than before, except I drive in a emissions area so my car will fail inspection.

·
Registered
7 Posts
so I sprayed carb cleaner around the valve cover, all of my air/vacuum hoses, my oil cap and dipstick, I still have a CEL and the stabilitrak/ traction control warnings. I am at a loss as I still cannot find what to replace. if I take it the dealer they will charge me another $100 just to scan it, and possibly want to charge me $800 to clean the fuel system again and change out a sensor that I have already checked or replaced.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Man my 2011 Chevrolet Cruze is throwing more codes then the United States Postal Service. A few months ago a code for bad turbocharger. 1300 dollars later, now she is throwing
Code P0171. Runs okay when giving it gas but when idling it labors. I am thinking Vacuum Leak, but I have to take it to Chevrolet Dealership to find out.
Any other ideas

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys I could really use some help. I have a 2015 Chevy Cruze LT 1.4 With 64000 miles. Check engine light came on the other day then went off. Stayed off a day or so then came back on. Now traction control light. Took it to have it serviced n he changed the oxygen sensor. Picked it up n drove it now my check engine light is back on with a very bad sputter n deeming lights. Plz help what could be wrong.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have almost all these same issues that are being described on my 2011 Cruze LT 150000 miles. I've replace pcv Vale by getting new cover and that didn't work so dealership told me I had to replace entire intake manifold which was like $500. And it still not running right. There is huge hesitation when accelerating from stop. And rpms jump are on my when I'm stopped in drive. Feelings almost like the car is about to stall out and die. I have replaced sparkplugs and done almost everything the dealership has told me to do and nothing is working.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi aferrell71,

Welcome to Cruze Talk! I am sorry you are experiencing a rough idle issue with your check engine light illuminated. Please let us know how your dealer visit goes. We are here to assist with vehicle concerns and questions. Contact us via private message so we can further discuss your situation.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Chevrolet Customer Care
I'm have a 2013 chevy Cruze its showing p0300 random misfire I've replaced the valve cover the upstream c02 sensor new spark plugs again so what is the problem I know I have a leak in my thermostat housing but I dont think that would cause the problem pls I need help I still owe over 11k on this car

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2015 Chevy Cruz check engine light came on and now rough idling when the air conditioner is running. Could this be the common PCV valve?

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
I'm have a 2013 chevy Cruze its showing p0300 random misfire I've replaced the valve cover the upstream c02 sensor new spark plugs again so what is the problem I know I have a leak in my thermostat housing but I dont think that would cause the problem pls I need help I still owe over 11k on this car
Hard telling. I think those usually indicate a spark problem. The car is sensitive to spark plugs. Some have had to replace the coil pack. I wouldn't call it common, but not unheard of.

·
Registered
10 Posts
2012 Chevrolet Cruze LT 158,250 miles. Car has check engine light. Dealer says P0171 and P0101. The quoted repair is:

Intake Manifold Replacement: baffle missing p0101 p0171 $647
Valve Cover Replacement $318
TOTAL w/ tax $1,026

THOUGHTS???

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,734 Posts
2012 Chevrolet Cruze LT 158,250 miles. Car has check engine light. Dealer says P0171 and P0101. The quoted repair is:

Intake Manifold Replacement: baffle missing p0101 p0171 $647
Valve Cover Replacement $318
TOTAL w/ tax $1,026

THOUGHTS???
Buy the check valve fix kit and a valve cover. Have an independent mechanic install.

·
Registered
14 Posts
What i trip out on, is how Chevrolet Customer Care is always trying to pull people off this forum and into private message. And i notice chevy doesnt seem to be wanting to issue a recall for what is CLEARLY a design defect on their part. The intake is the faulty part that causes the pcv to fail, chevy knows it, but just doesnt fess up to it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
What i trip out on, is how Chevrolet Customer Care is always trying to pull people off this forum and into private message. And i notice chevy doesnt seem to be wanting to issue a recall for what is CLEARLY a design defect on their part. The intake is the faulty part that causes the pcv to fail, chevy knows it, but just doesnt fess up to it.
CCC has not been logged in for over a year now... Everyone knows the problem, and we know how to fix it. Purchase "PCV fix kit v3" on cruzekits.com and never have an issue again. Dealers and independent mechanics stock these parts. The Cruze is such a common car with a "100%" failure rate in PCV related components. The Cruze is gone now, no chance for any recall or service bulletins.

141 - 158 of 158 Posts