Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
New to this community. I bought a used 2014 cruze with about 127000k. Dealer told me his mechanic changed the brakes, thermostat housing and was going to change the cat but didn't because the CEL went off.Everything was great until CEL popped up when I was at a stop light (3 days after buying). Checked it and came backed as a P0171 found out is was the purge valve (quick fix). 2 days after CEL came on again but now P0420. Took it back to the dealers mechanic (under warranty but lost a half of days work). The mechanic plugs in his scanner. It your cat, but can't do anything today. Have to order cat. Make an appointment for 2 days later. Back to the mechanic's shop 2 days after replaced the cat within an 45mins. But another half day lost of work (full day lost of work). Driving a week later and the CEL comes on again. Connect my OBD reader and guess what code. You got it P0420. Call the dealer and tells me to make an appointment with his mechanic. Takes me an hour to get there an hour to get back, and he is open Monday to Friday & Saturday (doesn't to work). So I haven't been there since. And everytime I go to plug in my OBD reader while the car is running service StabiliTrak comes on.
I looked at the engine and seen oil spots around the valve cover. So changed the gasket myself notice different color down the spark plug second from the right. CEL still on (can't use remote start). So a month later I go to change the 3 out of the 4 plugs were the wrong and the 4th was right but had a plastic piece from the valve cover so couldn't put the socket on it. Got it out and replaced all 4 plug with acdelo 41-121. No CEL for a week yes I fixed it. But guess what comes back P0420. And of course when I go to check the code as I plug in the scanner "service StabiliTrak" comes on. CEL only comes on when I am stop after car warms up. What's next....

·
Super Moderator
7,481 Posts
Hi,
New to this community. I bought a used 2014 cruze with about 127000k. Dealer told me his mechanic changed the brakes, thermostat housing and was going to change the cat but didn't because the CEL went off.Everything was great until CEL popped up when I was at a stop light (3 days after buying). Checked it and came backed as a P0171 found out is was the purge valve (quick fix). 2 days after CEL came on again but now P0420. Took it back to the dealers mechanic (under warranty but lost a half of days work). The mechanic plugs in his scanner. It your cat, but can't do anything today. Have to order cat. Make an appointment for 2 days later. Back to the mechanic's shop 2 days after replaced the cat within an 45mins. But another half day lost of work (full day lost of work). Driving a week later and the CEL comes on again. Connect my OBD reader and guess what code. You got it P0420. Call the dealer and tells me to make an appointment with his mechanic. Takes me an hour to get there an hour to get back, and he is open Monday to Friday & Saturday (doesn't to work). So I haven't been there since. And everytime I go to plug in my OBD reader while the car is running service StabiliTrak comes on.
I looked at the engine and seen oil spots around the valve cover. So changed the gasket myself notice different color down the spark plug second from the right. CEL still on (can't use remote start). So a month later I go to change the 3 out of the 4 plugs were the wrong and the 4th was right but had a plastic piece from the valve cover so couldn't put the socket on it. Got it out and replaced all 4 plug with acdelo 41-121. No CEL for a week yes I fixed it. But guess what comes back P0420. And of course when I go to check the code as I plug in the scanner "service StabiliTrak" comes on. CEL only comes on when I am stop after car warms up. What's next....
Welcome Aboard!(y)

Read this:
2011-2016 Cruze 1.4 PCV Valve Cover/Intake Manifold Issues

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze
here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts