Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2014 disel with 17k miles on it. So far I have taken to the Bellavia Rutherford dealer for 7 times and last time when I took to them they told me I have filled with wrong diesel (I buy from Exxon or BP)and they said that is the problem.All disel sold in NJ is ultra low Diesel, 6th time they said the heater elementwas replaced. Before they said the sensors were replaced. I talked my lawyer and do you think I should proceed. The car was with the dealer more time I drove.
The Chevy customer service is not helping me. I asked them to take to a different dealer to check, Chevy refused
The car runs great but exhaust sucks.
If you are going to buy used Chevy Cruze diesel, do not buy.

Please help me, please
[email protected]

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
You can take your car to any Chevy dealership. You do NOT have to use the one that sold you the car. In your case I would strongly recommend you try a different dealership. However, one dealership won't take your car to another one - you have to do this.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
If you had a health problem would you self diagnose your problem? You would be crazy if you did, but this is exactly what an automotive self diagnostic system works. Yes, and they all do this. Same computer that operates your vehicle diagnoses itself. Make these things as cheap as possible. So is there an actual problem with codes being generated or is the problem with the self diagnostic system?

One way to determine this is, are you getting the same exact code or a random series of codes, would be helpful if you would post your codes. But you say your diesel is running fine expect your exhaust sucks, do you mean this literally or with the slang use of this word?

And when are these codes generated, at start up or at a particular driving scenario? Had a gas Cruze that was generating random codes at startup, the microcontroller was not seeing a positively pure 5 volts DC, had electrical feed problems.

Ha, taking problems like this to your dealer, would have better success taking it to a kindergartner class, they don't know crap as to how these systems work. And they never even heard of an oscilloscope that its sole purpose is to find problems such as these.

When our Cruze was destroyed by a drunk, this past month did lot of vehicle searching, also saw a lot of late model vehicles in the used lot with the question, why are they there? Probably the same reason why it yours was there, has a problem nobody could find, and the owner gave up.

With the advent of OBD I, was supposed to be over 200,000 electronic tech jobs created, this never happened, have idiots trying to find the source of the problem. And hear some of the dumbest statements, like your brake pedal going to the floor is not a problem, ain't getting a code, or we cannot duplicate the problem.

Try and list your codes.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Take the car to a different dealer and get a ticket or work order every time you take it in. Get a loaner vehicle from the dealer they should give you one for free. If they can't figure it out contact GM Corporate and try to get a resolution that way. Also setup an account on GM's site and put in request for help throug that site. That way you will have records of the issues if needed. Might also help for corporate to see the issues every time they happen which will happen if you use the corporate GM site.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Take the car to a different dealer and get a ticket or work order every time you take it in. Get a loaner vehicle from the dealer they should give you one for free. If they can't figure it out contact GM Corporate and try to get a resolution that way. Also setup an account on GM's site and put in request for help throug that site. That way you will have records of the issues if needed. Might also help for corporate to see the issues every time they happen which will happen if you use the corporate GM site.
We also have a really good resource here in our Chevy Customer Care account. Once you've selected a new dealership PM the Chevy Customer Care account here and ask them to make the appointment for you with that dealership. This lets the dealership know that you've been having problems and that if they run into an issue they will be more likely to call GM TAC for assistance a lot quicker.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
As others have eluded to here also, diesels are a whole new ball game for some of the garages. Especially if they do not sell diesel trucks. Also finding someone who actually knows how to troubleshoot a problem can be interesting. I had to find a new shop when I moved for the harder or more time consuming stuff I did not want to deal with. I found a new independent shop that was good that didn't replace parts just to replace them. Used them for a few years, then one day I took my car in and had some work done to the ABS. Didn't recognize the person at the counter, had parts replaced that didn't need it and found out the shop had been sold. The owner moved back out west somewhere.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Moved to diesel section for better visibility

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
I bought a 2014 disel with 17k miles on it. So far I have taken to the Bellavia Rutherford dealer for 7 times and last time when I took to them they told me I have filled with wrong diesel (I buy from Exxon or BP)and they said that is the problem.All disel sold in NJ is ultra low Diesel, 6th time they said the heater elementwas replaced. Before they said the sensors were replaced. I talked my lawyer and do you think I should proceed. The car was with the dealer more time I drove.
The Chevy customer service is not helping me. I asked them to take to a different dealer to check, Chevy refused
The car runs great but exhaust sucks.
If you are going to buy used Chevy Cruze diesel, do not buy.

Please help me, please
[email protected]
The real problem here is an incompetent dealer service department. Like others have said, take it to a different dealership and get paperwork. What are your present symptoms/codes?

·
Registered
706 Posts
yea I know them they suck they don't have any experience on our cars I needed a manual regen and they told me that there was no such thing and they asked there inhouse expert mechanic

·
Registered
254 Posts
To the OP, I get your frustration, but you will not qualify for the Lemon Law remedy. Since vehicle is still under warranty, that is your only remedy.

·
Registered
314 Posts
To the OP, I get your frustration, but you will not qualify for the Lemon Law remedy. Since vehicle is still under warranty, that is your only remedy.
It may vary state by state, but in my state, your vehicle MUST be under the factory warranty to qualify for the lemon law. If you're out of warranty, the lemon law no longer can be used. In fact, the timeframe to use the lemon law expires before your warranty does. The lemon law is made to be used very quickly after purchasing a car, while it is still under warranty.

·
Registered
254 Posts
It may vary state by state, but in my state, your vehicle MUST be under the factory warranty to qualify for the lemon law. If you're out of warranty, the lemon law no longer can be used. In fact, the timeframe to use the lemon law expires before your warranty does. The lemon law is made to be used very quickly after purchasing a car, while it is still under warranty.
Generally, it is the original purchaser who bought new and claim/suit must be filed at or before end of the 1st year of vehicle being put in service . There are other specific requirements, but generally you've got 1 year and specific number of repair attempts or time out of service. The OP purchased it used and apparently well after 1 year, so it appears in most states he has no remedy other than factory warranty. It's a 2014 so the clock may be ticking on that as well. Mileage appears OK.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Has anybody else noticed the OP has left the building? :)

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Yep. I PM'd OP earlier this week and if he doesn't respond either here or to my PM I will be deleting this thread as trolling/spam, even though the original claim is very likely true.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Generally, it is the original purchaser who bought new and claim/suit must be filed at or before end of the 1st year of vehicle being put in service . There are other specific requirements, but generally you've got 1 year and specific number of repair attempts or time out of service. The OP purchased it used and apparently well after 1 year, so it appears in most states he has no remedy other than factory warranty. It's a 2014 so the clock may be ticking on that as well. Mileage appears OK.
Yes you're correct I don't think it is valid if you buy the car used. I thought you were saying that while a car is under warranty you can't use the lemon law.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Yes you're correct I don't think it is valid if you buy the car used. I thought you were saying that while a car is under warranty you can't use the lemon law.

Ive been through the LL Process and it's not pretty. Once you do qualify though and win , the manufacturer(s) , even after they lose, are not too amenable to making you happy.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Thread locked. OP never responded to my PM asking if he has reviewed and followed up on any of the suggestions here.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.