Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know if anyone know if 2012 cruze's still have a 5yr powertrain warranty im having an issuse with my thermostat causing my check engine light to come on. I was told it was a dealership issue that they have to repair is this true?

· Premium Member
6,727 Posts
Welcome, I'm not sure if I'm understanding your correctly, are you asking if you have to take the car to the dealer to get warranty work done? if so then yes to be covered by the powertrain warranty you will need to take your car to a chevy dealer.

· Banned
9,198 Posts
Not a safe condition with an aluminum head engine with overheating, did you check your recovery tank so the coolant level is at the full mark?

Been engine thermostat problems reported many times before, just a way overpriced conventional wax spring loaded thermostat with a heater installed. So when the turbo is kicked in, tries to fool the thermostat so it thinks the coolant is hotter. so it runs cooler. Or at least they think it does, a watched pot never boils.

Should be covered by the 100K mile 5 year powertrain warranty. Others complained about there dealer saying they had to replace pieces of plastic cooling hose and their dealers wanted to charge them a fortune for it. So you have to find a dealer than know how to remove these hoses without breaking them.

Or if like the two dealers in my town will say if GM says it isn't bad they will get stuck with the bill so won't change it. To save all this aggravation, will just lay out 45 bucks and change it myself.

Sorry I am so negative on this subject, wasn't born this way, but made this way, Could drive to a good dealer that I know of, but may burn up my engine driving there, and will be spending more for gas than its worth.

· Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
I would like to know if anyone know if 2012 cruze's still have a 5yr powertrain warranty im having an issuse with my thermostat causing my check engine light to come on. I was told it was a dealership issue that they have to repair is this true?
Hi Steeldee83,

We would be happy to look into this further, and reach out to the dealership if needed. Feel free to send us a private message along with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and preferred dealership. Looking forward to your message!

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry kinda new to this couldn't figure out the messages but here is all the info
2012 Chevrolet cruze current mileage is 32,113 VIN# 1G1PC5SH0C7362100
I CAN BE CONTACTED AT DANIELLE 4432086862 PERFERRED DEALERSHIP IS AUTO NATION SECURITY LOCATED IN WOODLAWN,MD THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.