Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That was told on here I may have a check valve problem. In the past 6 months I had a turbo replace and I had leaks in the head gasket and oil pan gasket. Also I notice my car has a rough idle sometimes at stop lights.
Yesterday I tried to check check well I remove the metal clip clamp but I could not get the hose off to look inside for the nipple. Is there a trick to getting it off ? me and my dad were scared we were going to break it if we pulled any harder? My 100k 5 year warranty will be running out I just had all those things fixed under warranty and I'm worried I'm further damaging them again by driving with a bad check valve. Any help would be appreciated thank you

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure about the oil cuz I don't do my own oil changes but they've never said anything. But I wouldn't doubt it. It's a 2013 with 54000 miles. I just don't want to pay the $125 diagnostic to check it and not have a problem then I wasted the money which I don't have. But From what I've read on here it happens to everyone's in between 50 and 60 thousand miles. If that's the case they should have had a recall

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,479 Posts
There's a TSB out for it. Covered under powertrain warranty.

The tube is sealed to the intake manifold with a rubber gasket inside. Pull straight up, firmly, on the hard plastic part. The corrugated hose part can be quite brittle, so don't flex it too much.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I'd loosen the two or three clamps holding the tube. The end can pull off the intake with a pop. Pulling the clamps gives you some room, so it's harder to break the tube.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts