Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, due to my heavy braking I needed to do a complete overhaul on my front brakes. While I had the wheels off I looked at my end links and the ball joints in them were completely shot. I took them off and replaced them with the higher end steel Moog units. Steering feels tighter and a noise I was getting from driver side (sounded like a bad strut mount) is gone. I noticed the sway bar bushings would not be fun to replace, very tight in there and thank God mine are healthy.

·
Administrator
15,757 Posts
Yep, noticed this early on. They're not very good, and made of plastic. The Moog upgrades have zerk fittings and are metal. Significant improvement in body roll.

The inner bushings are polyurethane from the factory, so you won't be needing to replace them any time soon.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Roughly what mileage are these going bad?

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Im definitely on borrowed time on mine. Im at 90k and no issues im aware of that they are bad or broken.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I have a rattling noise so I plan on swapping mine out for the MOOG ones. I'm at about 83k on the stock ones. Hoping that is what's causing my rattling noise because I want to save up for better shocks and struts.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Im definitely on borrowed time on mine. Im at 90k and no issues im aware of that they are bad or broken.
From what I have been reading the first sign is a slight rattling when going over bumpy roads and stuff. Only way I can hear it is if I have the windows up and everything off so there is no other noise. But it is noticeable and annoying to me lol.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Amazon has them too for $18 on prime which is 2 day free shipping if you have it

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Would you want to / need to get the Stabilizer Bar Bushing Kit with those?

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts