Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there,

I've been trolling the forums for quite a while but have never posted here before.

I've had my 2012 manual white Cruze since a year and a half, and as a student, I'm actually enjoying it...

The reason why I decided to register here is to get a little help giving it a little more power without destroying my wallet.

2012 manual 6spd white Cruze LS (1.8)

I need help because a lot of the terms are in english and I am quite lost even with pictures in a 'how-to'. (I'm really good with my english, but as a born french person, the technical words are difficult to understand)

My Cruze is stock.. except for LED on the license plate and a 12little litght bubbles LED square on the inside (really powerful)

Lovedrop.

[EDIT] Some of the first things I've been wanting to do is change the gap length to 0.35mm and put some plasti-dip to get black badges

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
Welcome to CruzeTalk. Nice looking Cruze.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
0.028 for the plug Gap IMHO
BE Cool Stay Cozy Keep Cruzen and Best Wishes ,,,...,,,

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
Welcome! This is the place to learn about your Cruze and modding.

Thanks, any fellow french members you could link me to?
Not sure about French - but we do have Canadian members.

Reactions: Lovedrop

·
Registered
197 Posts
Ru5ty spoke some french in one of his threads. Maybe hit him up. He's from Canada as well. If you go under my name I have a few 'how-to' threads and am willing to help in any way I can. Welcome to cruze talk too!

·
Epic Beard Man
5,389 Posts
What about the 0.035 everyone has been talking about?
.035 is the max you can go, and it supposedly helps with fuel economy. I honestly didn't notice much difference between .035 and .028. The max that we can go with a tune is .028 though, which is the current factory spec.

Having the plugs at a consistent gap is most important.

Reactions: Lovedrop

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
.035 is the max you can go, and it supposedly helps with fuel economy. I honestly didn't notice much difference between .035 and .028. The max that we can go with a tune is .028 though, which is the current factory spec.

Having the plugs at a consistent gap is most important.
I honestly don't want to f*ck up, do you think my local mechanics will touch such things? And does it void the warranty?

Awesome, thanks a lot guys !

·
Registered
197 Posts
I honestly don't want to f*ck up, do you think my local mechanics will touch such things? And does it void the warranty?

Awesome, thanks a lot guys !
It won't mess with the warranty at all. Your local mechanics I'm sure would do it but it would take you at most 30 minutes and it's free.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts