Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

chevrolet cruze 1.6 petrol s

12371 Views 6 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  cruze pretoria
hi cruze team i have chevrolet cruze 1.6 s model and its actually have power or may be troque problem . on the hills area its hard to move . put more foot on accelrate. pls can you tell me on my e mail [email protected]
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Premium Member
357 Posts
There's nothing wrong with your car other than the fact that it's being powered by a tiny N/A 1.6L.
In Australia and the USA everyone criticizes the 1.8L's insufficient performance for such a heavy small car so I can only imagine how gutless the 1.6L would be.

· Registered
96 Posts
I have the automatic 2013 LT 1.4 Turbo, and it is horrible when going uphill, seriously, and I dont use the A/A when doing it, imagine going uphill 4 people in the car with a/a on? It would explode. I had an 2007 volkswagen bora engine 1.8 automatic and that engine was much much better than this one (powerwise)

· Registered
3 Posts
Hi Garry, actually according to the body the engine power which is 1.6L is not enough.. i have the same 1.6L chevy cruze... same problem.. well i never tried driving in hilly areas. But in the city the initial pick up of the car is low.... and than in the long road its fine. I tested 200km/h and the rpm is only 4.5 that seems its great with 6 speed AT. wish it should come with at least 2.0L, anyways i still love CRUZE. u can try with manual shift of ur AT.

· Registered
59 Posts
Hi Garry, i have a 1.6 LS model, and it has an issue where it is sluggish and kinda just lumps along. Have you taken it back to the dealer? Mines been back 20+ times, had a number of things replaced and they still havent fixed the issue. Sometimes it works fine, feels torquey and powerful enough, but definately feels like its being restricted.

· Registered
16 Posts
there are important factors need to be considered to evaluate the problem-Do this fashion of performance is new or it is common habits ?what about the air filter -Is it plugged or need to be replaced ? IS this happen only when A/C is in service but when you put it off ,performance changes ?Also what about the fuel Ron that are use because the total produced engine HP is related to the fuel RON number All these parameters are affecting on the performance taking in consideration that 1.6 L is not the optimum for this heavy car but not too bad as indicated and it should be a side reason for this bad performance -need to be investigated

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.