Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,

I am just curious if someone can tell me some experience with these two engines? I tried to find some information about 2.0 vcdi 163 but I cant find any test or anything. I know this is US forum, so propably nobody will have experience .... I just trying it.

Does anybody own the car with this engine and can tell me his or her experiences? I will be pleased for any information. (noise, speed, acceleration, gear, fuel consumption .... simply anything :))) )

In the end I will say that I ordered 2.0 vcdi 163 yesterday but I spoke with dealer that I will maybe change this to 1.8 ecotec.

If somebody can compare these 2 engines I will be very pleased. (on paper diesel looks really great, but unfortunatelly I wasnt able to drive it because no dealers have it:-( I drove only 1.8 ecotec).

Difference in money is only 1500 EUR which is not a lot for diesel.

thanks in advance for any response and sorry for my poor english :-D

·
Premium Member
4,147 Posts
In Australia the 1.8 engine is considered to be crude and under powered, the 1.4 turbo the best petrol engine, but the 120 kw 360 NM diesel the pick of the engines available. I have one and it is great.

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
I would have said diesel too.

How's that diesel holding up for you? We're likely getting that engine here in the States, and we're worried that some person with a penchant for not maintaining cars will get one and ruin it for the rest of us.

·
Premium Member
4,147 Posts
Just did my first trip in the diesel and now have 2,000km on the clock so the engine is not fully freed up yet. I did a rough calculation and got about 15 and a quarter KM per litre. 641km for 42 litres, the tank holds 60 litres. That is close to 400miles for 11us gallons. The car was loaded with luggage 3 passengers and the climate control was on all the time. I used the cruise control and most of the trip was at 110kph and the gearbox was left in auto mode. there was also some low speed town and sightseeing driving up the NSW (Australia) north coast.

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
Thanks! I make that out to be roughly 35 miles per US gallon. (Darned gallons being different size everywhere in the world!) Not that bad for a fully loaded car with A/C blasting doing 68 mph.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.