Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Site Sponsor
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Chevrolet Cruze License Plate LEDs

License plate bulbs are used to illuminate the rear license plate on your Cruze. From the factory, the bulbs are incandescent, lighting up in a yellowish color.

Newer luxury cars use LED modules to illuminate the license plate with modern, cool white light. By changing your license plate bulbs to LED, you can easily add this luxury look to your Cruze!

The installation is 100% plug-and-play, just replace your factory bulb.

With low price and easy install, this is one of the best, easiest modifications you can do to improve how your Cruze looks at night.

Brightness:

Diode Dynamics offers several bulb options so you can choose what fits you best. These options are listed by the design and the lumen output of each bulb:

SMD2: Slightly higher brightness than OEM bulbs. (24 lumens)
HP3: Much brighter than OEM bulbs. These are bright! (56 lumens)
HP5: Triple the brightness of OEM! (92 lumens)

Bulb Design

SMD2: Similarly compact design, with two 5050-size Epistar SMD chips, driven at high power for maximum effective brightness. Outputs at 180 degrees.

HP3: One high-power SMD under a diffusing lens for truly even output (no hotspots). Constant current design and air-cooled base for superior reliability. Features dual contact pins and nonpolar function for easy installation.

HP5: Four high-power SMDs, under a diffusing lens. Just like the HP3, but run at higher power, with integrated copper plating for superior heat dissipation, allowing maximum brightness.

These bulbs are made up of a quality plastic connector to slide right into the plug, as well as high durability terminals. A load resistor is embedded to prevent blowing the LEDs from voltage surge, and a diode is implanted to protect the LEDs from reverse polarity. The LED is wired for 12V operation, the kind found on all vehicles.

Included in your order is TWO BULBS (to fit your Cruze).

All of our products come with a 30-day satisfaction guarantee and a 3-year limited warranty.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post, PM, or Email [email protected]

*PM us for the free-shipping code* (U.S. forum members only)

Thanks for looking!
Nick C.
Diode Dynamics

·
Registered
151 Posts
FYI, The Cruze license lights both aim to the left, but with a file and/or knife and a bit of patience a person can turn one of them around to create a symmetric appearance.

·
Site Sponsor
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FYI, The Cruze license lights both aim to the left, but with a file and/or knife and a bit of patience a person can turn one of them around to create a symmetric appearance.
This is true of many GM vehicles. The Camaro sometimes requires a bit of aiming for the best look.

With the HP3's you'll get a very even spread of light thanks to the clear diffusing lens

Nick C.

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
Could you list the wattage of the stock bulbs and each of the LED bulbs? It would be interesting to see the wattage of the LEDs vs the OEM bulbs.

·
Site Sponsor
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Could you list the wattage of the stock bulbs and each of the LED bulbs? It would be interesting to see the wattage of the LEDs vs the OEM bulbs.
We will be adding more stock bulb specifications soon

If you would like more information please send an email to: [email protected] and we can provide more technical specifications for you

Nick C.

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
I bought me all of them, Figured I would try them out. I will Install them tomorrow.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'd like to replace all the interior lights, the license plate light, and reverse lights with LED. not looking to break the bank though. What's the minimum lumens recommended for each one Im looking replace?

·
Site Sponsor
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'd like to replace all the interior lights, the license plate light, and reverse lights with LED. not looking to break the bank though. What's the minimum lumens recommended for each one Im looking replace?
We have quite a few bulb options available for your Cruze

Feel free to give us a call and we can walk you through the listings: (314) 205-3033 and give you more information

Thanks,
Nick C.

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
WP_20150405_017.jpg
From a distance the trunk light cast a shadow out LOL
WP_20150405_016.jpg
BTW These are the faulty POS headlights
WP_20150405_015.jpg
WP_20150405_012.jpg
WP_20150405_003.jpg
Two outer lights are china made, inner one is diode's which is bright as ****.
WP_20150405_001.jpg
don't know why its upside down

Question for you Diode Dynamics: The trunk light bar is awesome I love it but one problem, ITS BLUE lol, you guys don't have a crisp white light like the lights listed above? did I miss an option for the the white?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts