Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

General Motors will recall 2,100 Chevrolet Cruze sedans after a steering wheel came loose from the car's steering column recently. General Motors claims that no injuries resulted from the problem, and a bolt that was not properly installed was the culprit.

"We made a mistake, but we're confident that we've got it fixed," said GM spokesman Allen Adler. GM claims it has inspected 2,000 cars at the Ohio plant that produces the car. Dealers have isolated the potentially dangerous vehicles and will inspect them as well. While NHTSA would normally issue an official recall notice, the government shutdown that may occur due to a political dispute may prevent it from being released in a timely manner.

More: Chevrolet Cruze Recalled Due To Steering Defect on AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
67 Posts
-_- well that sucks.
What usually happens when a car is recalled?
Does it effect ppl who already own 1?

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
...only the 2,100 people "contacted" are affected.

...the rest of us, just get to feel nervous.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My dealer called me up and said my Cruze was on the recall list. I took the car in yesterday and the dealer pulled the air bag off and checked the steering wheel retainer bolt to make sure it was properly installed. All was OK and it took about 45 minutes.

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
...is your car a "recent" car (manufactured in 2011) or an "earlier" car (manufactured in 2010)?

·
Registered
567 Posts
I heard it was only one Cruze that this happened to... very suspicious to me. These days people do strange things to get attention. I have many doubts that this is an issue.

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
They've only found 1 cruze affected so far. It was covered in another post :/
Nothing to worry about imo

·
Registered
699 Posts
This recall could not be just based of ONE vehicle they found with this issue. It could be related with the procedure that the guys followed on the assembly line. So maybe when they found the car with this issue, they checked how it could happened and discovered the wrong procedure (wrong torque, etc). I’m presuming they made the correction and they are going to recall just the vehicles from that period of time.

·
Registered
214 Posts
This recall could not be just based of ONE vehicle they found with this issue. It could be related with the procedure that the guys followed on the assembly line. So maybe when they found the car with this issue, they checked how it could happened and discovered the wrong procedure (wrong torque, etc). I’m presuming they made the correction and they are going to recall just the vehicles from that period of time.
If you read the details of this, the recall is for vehicles that went through a particular workstation during a particular period of time. Better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
214 Posts
^ maybe not so much a procedure but possibly someone?
Most definitely an individual on the line who could not follow directions. It happens. I was involved in designing a system for a JDM Manufacturer that wanted to track vehicles to specific workers and tasks for just this reason.

·
Premium Member
2,266 Posts
^ I think they should. We had our own PID(Personal Identification) that we used to sign off every type of work we did in aviation. Right down to common hardware removal/replacement.

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Let's not panic folks. I'd hate for everyone to run outside and check there nuts. :D

PM the last 8 of your VIN to me and I can tell you if it is involved.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts