Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
1st I like the xp50 for the rear & I believe they are very good quality but at $90+ it is a hard buy for me to shell out the money for them. I repeat I'm not saying not worth it or the quality is no good but $90+ to much for my taste. great write up too. Only time will tell if the prices will be better in a few years. Thanks

·
Site Sponsor
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
1st I like the xp50 for the rear & I believe they are very good quality but at $90+ it is a hard buy for me to shell out the money for them. I repeat I'm not saying not worth it or the quality is no good but $90+ to much for my taste. great write up too. Only time will tell if the prices will be better in a few years. Thanks
As LED technology continues to improve they might in the future

It is more expensive to utilize the highest quality components available, but it's hard to beat the "output per dollar" ratio they provide. Especially in the small 921 base-size.

We appreciate your support and are looking forward to hearing your feedback

Thanks for ordering with us @bostonboy
Nick C.

·
Site Sponsor
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
One question to you Nick does any of these lights work for the interior? I have a 2014 cruze LTZ Thanks again
We have replacement bulbs available for every location on the interior of the Cruze, but we haven't added the listings to the site yet. Once we have a Cruze in our studio for comparison shots, they will be added.

If you have questions about bulb fitment, please send an email to: [email protected]

Thanks!
Nick C.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I forgot to ask this on question to is the trunk light plug right in or di I have to splice into the harness? thanks I been looking & for what I was looking at from your site was less than $50 so all in all a great deal IMO thanks again Nick

·
Site Sponsor
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I forgot to ask this on question to is the trunk light plug right in or di I have to splice into the harness? thanks I been looking & for what I was looking at from your site was less than $50 so all in all a great deal IMO thanks again Nick
None of our interior LED replacements require and splicing or wire cutting whatsoever

The strip and board options have adapters that fit into the factory socket

Nick C.

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
None of our interior LED replacements require and splicing or wire cutting whatsoever

The strip and board options have adapters that fit into the factory socket

Nick C.
I don't think anyone spends time researching anymore Nick. If people would read your post for interior lights being replaced by diode dynamics brand they would realize members have before and after pictures posted for the cruze and how they are installed. :respect:

·
Premium Member
3,143 Posts
You guys are selling this hid kit ( Hi/Lo Beam HID Conversion Kit for 2011-2014 Chevrolet Cruze) will this be a fully plug and pay kit with my 15 cruze diesel ? and if I keep the factory bulb housing and use the bixenon options will the light blind others?

·
Site Sponsor
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
Our HID conversion kits are a direct replacement for the factory halogen bulbs. However, I wouldn't recommend installing an HID conversion kit if you have reflector style housings

Nick C.

·
2,254 Posts
Just got the notification that my XP50's shipped today! Can't wait 'till they get here!

·
2,254 Posts
Pretty ticked right how. I received my XP50's in the mail today and when I plug them in neither of them worked. Not a very happy camper.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
One oddity I've found with DD's 194 base lights, you sometimes have to play with the "pins". I'm not sure who's out of spec, but you have to bend/slide the pins "outward" (if I remember correctly) along the slot in order for them to make proper contact.

I don't think they're polarity sensitive, but you could try flipping them around.

·
2,254 Posts
One oddity I've found with DD's 194 base lights, you sometimes have to play with the "pins". I'm not sure who's out of spec, but you have to bend/slide the pins "outward" (if I remember correctly) along the slot in order for them to make proper contact.

I don't think they're polarity sensitive, but you could try flipping them around.
Alright, I will try that tomorrow morning. Thanks for the tips man!

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
Alright, I will try that tomorrow morning. Thanks for the tips man!

Hmm were just plug and play for me, that's odd. I also tested the bulbs beforehand and they worked as well (and gave me flash blindness). I didn't pay attention to orientation, but I may just be lucky.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Hmm were just plug and play for me, that's odd.
The brake/tail lights were like that (at least they worked, but the trunk light went into brake mode until I added a bit of electrical tape to one contact.)

I don't remember if I ran into this with the interier lights, but I know for sure I hit it with the front side light. The light was iffy and mechanically sensitive until I pulled it out and slid the pins over. Then it was solid. I don't remember if I ran into this with the backup lights, but I might have done it out of habit.

I also tested the bulbs beforehand and they worked as well (and gave me flash blindness).
Heh, heh, I'll bet!

21 - 40 of 72 Posts