Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Chevrolet's Volt plug-in hybrid isn't the only vehicle that will get its own smartphone app. The Chevrolet Cruze compact will also join the bandwagon with an OnStar-supported program that gives owners new access to various functions of their vehicle via a smartphone.

Owners using the Chevy Connect feature on their phones will be able to monitor the fuel guage, door locks, tire pressures and activate the horns, lights and alarm system.

GM also announced that many of its 2011 vehicles from across the brand spectrum would be able to utilizie the Connect system, which could easily become an attractive selling feature to technology-savvy customers.

More: Chevrolet Cruze Smartphone App Will Let Owners Check Vehicle Functions on AutoGuide.com

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
...my wife wants money-bags SANTA to bring her a "smart" phone for Christmas...to go along with her Cruze.

...she seriously did NOT see the humor in my question: "...what's wrong with the soup cans and string I gave you?"

·
Registered
157 Posts
I wonder how long until car thieves figure out how to hack the APP and take our cars.....

With this APP maybe now we can be one step closer to being like James Bond :p

i could not find the app in my market place, am i looking in the wrong place? I have a Blackberry Storm
I'm an iPhone guy, I tried finding the APP for your Blackberry but no luck with that. Even OnStar's website doesn't have it yet :confused:. Keep checking the following link, maybe they will have the APP up soon who knows.... ONSTAR | MYLINK MOBILE APP

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
...yeah, but it'll void ALL of your AVIS™ "safe-driver" points (ha,ha).

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
I found it on my HTC EVO. It is listed as OnStar MyLink.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The number one business phone - BLACKBERRY - and the I-phone and Android app will not work and are not available for BLACKBERRY. Please tell GM we want a BLACKBERRY app for this service!

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Works great on my HTC EVO.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts