Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Chevrolet Cruze Station Wagon Makes World Debut: 2012 Geneva Motor Show

6678 20

The third variant of the world's favorite Chevrolet has made its world debut at the 2012 Geneva Motor Show. The Chevrolet Cruze station wagon will join the existing sedan and hatchback which together have sold more than 1-million globally since its launch in 2009.

Unfortunately America won't be watching creative commercials featuring the Cruze station wagon as it won't be heading to our shores, which is why the station wagon variant is making its debut in Switzerland. Europeans will have plenty of engines to choose from: 1.6L and 1.8L gasoline engines, a 1.4L turbo gasoline, a new 1.7L diesel, and an improved 2.0L diesel. The 1.4L, 1.7L diesel, and 2.0L diesel all come with start/stop technology as standard, while all engines are Euro-5 complaint.

The station wagon measures in at 184.1 inches and is 6.5 inches longer than the hatchback variant and 3.1 inches longer than the sedan model. As expected, the exterior of the Cruze station wagon shows off a tapering single-arch roofline with Chevy reminding us that it'll come with roof racks as standard.

More: Chevrolet Cruze Station Wagon Makes World Debut: 2012 Geneva Motor Show on Autoguide.com
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Premium Member
4,338 Posts
...does anybody else notice the slight "kickup" of the window-beltline at the last window, definitely looks "hokey/kluged" to my eyes, like somebody didn't bother to worry about keeping the beltline "straight" anymore!

· Monsieur Charmant Résident
1,189 Posts
I recall reading that the North American Cruze sedan is scheduled to get those taillights (or a similar design) as well as a the refreshed front fascia, grillwork, and fog lights you see on the Euro-spec estate wagon for its' mid-cycle refresh.

· Premium Member
4,338 Posts
...putting a "new" mustache on the Mona Lisa just doesn't sound very artistic to me (wink,wink).

· Premium Member
4,338 Posts
Looks like a remake of the Vibe.
...you have a good eye. We have two Vibes, a 2004 and a 2009 (see below), and that Cruze roofline arch, especially with the roof-rack-rails, does look vibe-ish.

· Premium Member
4,338 Posts
Okay, now we're talking. I love small wagons; they're great for camping. Why can't we get one stateside??
...for the same reason NA didn't get the Cruze until 2011 even though the basic vehicle had been around since 2008...GM manglement's inept timidity!

· Registered
370 Posts
...for the same reason NA didn't get the Cruze until 2011 even though the basic vehicle had been around since 2008...GM manglement's inept timidity!

It's really starting to get on my nerves. They kill the Vibe and have no viable replacement vehicle that's comparable. Right now we have a Vibe and a Honda Element. I am willing to give up one of those for a Cruze Eco or Cruze Diesel, but I need at least one economical car with decent cargo capacity that's in the $25k-ish range or less. Of course the Element is toast as well,

I hope in a few years this will be fixed. Could always get a Matrix; however, Toyotas are tough in this household since one person works for Honda.The family car culture is generally limited to Ford, GM, Honda since we have family who works for all those manufacturers.

Although, we can get pretty much anything but Toyotas and Korean jobs without enduring too much derision at family gatherings. One person got a Mini Cooper and that was esoteric enough not to be considered a threat. If only the Acura TSX Sport Wagon came in an Accord version....

· Registered
26 Posts
Chev Cruze

Why are European versions poorly specified compared to US models this supposed to be a Global car. Euro versions are behind with No Day Notice Lights, No. tyre pressure monitor, No powered foldback door mirrors , but do have useless annoying features like rain sensing wipers,auto head lights

· Premium Member
4,338 Posts
Answer: Price Point, ie: different country "laws" require different 'minimum' appointments just to be sold there.

· Registered
296 Posts
Why are European versions poorly specified compared to US models this supposed to be a Global car. Euro versions are behind with No Day Notice Lights, No. tyre pressure monitor, No powered foldback door mirrors , but do have useless annoying features like rain sensing wipers,auto head lights
Those features may seem useless to you, but for some European countries where it always drizzles or rains, and where some don't even see the sun for months, features like rain sensing wipers and auto head lights are very very useful.

cheers!
phantom

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.