Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to the gals of customer service and thank-you for monitoring this forum but I have a complaint that I feel the diesel could be a 1970 return.
This is my bases for this opinion. First there needed to be a direct link to Chevrolet diesel owners to flag there problems instead of the standard stump paragraph to call give VIN and hope for a fix.
Second I would think Chevrolet would be willing to do everything in its power to keep the original owner in there diesel as long as possible before it hits the used car lot and there tech sticks the wrong oil in it and boom CEL.
I'm basing this on warranties are coming close to ending and with the amount of emission problems the car is having, some being the fault of dealers with a lack of knowledge that still exists. Lack of parts for a quick repair turn around and the expense of the repairs. This will follow greatly in the used car market as people buy a used CTD and CEL right away.
The goal should be how do I make you want to buy another diesel from us not run from it.
I just think a stigmatism will hit the diesel world that the first generation CTD is plagued with a lot of failed sensors, some from wrong oil(should be a case of oil in the purchase of every new CTD or diesel requiring dexos2)and people will not return to that market. Very costly repairs to fix these problems if you can find a dealer with the knowledge to fix it.
So that's my thought before these cars start hitting used car lots and there problems only continue to a new set of owners.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
it's a nice sentiment and I completely agree with your post, but VW put out crap diesels for a long time and it didn't stop people from buying them. Not to say that our cars are crap, by any means! My (nearly) 170K miles of (nearly) trouble free miles attest to that!

Reactions: BradHerr and Tomko

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree with you Diesel, I'm not complaining about my car. It's been in the most part great but to the general public I can see this car being a hard resale or holding present owners wanting another diesel.
Even with VWs wow they have a die-hard following. This car is new to the market and I just want it to succeed. I love the car so want it to succeed way into the future

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How about a little survey among yourselves.

I like my CTD and will buy a future GM diesel

I'm trading mine in as soon as possible for a gas version vehicle.

I would buy a used CTD

I would not buy a used CTD

I will state I would buy a future diesel and I would never buy a used diesel cruze not knowing what oil is in it the second I start it.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts

I would buy a used CTD

I will state I would buy a future diesel and I would never buy a used diesel cruze not knowing what oil is in it the second I start it.
I like my CTD and will buy a future GM diesel. I would buy a used CTD if I could know the full history and talk to the actual owner (assuming they were honest).

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
I agree with you Diesel, I'm not complaining about my car. It's been in the most part great but to the general public I can see this car being a hard resale or holding present owners wanting another diesel.
Even with VWs wow they have a die-hard following. This car is new to the market and I just want it to succeed. I love the car so want it to succeed way into the future
I want it to succeed too. I don't want this to be the '80s all over again, when by about 1985 all the diesels disappeared from the market (except for Mercedes and VW).

·
Registered
246 Posts
After 6 months of ownership, I'd unequivocally buy another. Love the tq. Fuel mileage and being a unicorn amongst the normal cars......

·
Registered
2,938 Posts

I would buy a used CTD

i like mine, not buying another car for 10yrs, so who knows

i would NOT buy a used ctd

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well that's a good start. 4 yes would buy again but my original post and Diesel you just kind of verified it. Only would buy a used one if you knew the original owner.
That's my fear, the used market could be the down fall of this car. That's why I stated Chevrolet should be doing everything possible to keep the first generation owners in there CTD as long as possible.
I'm also starting to think the customer service message is computer generated on this forum.
They never seem to answer any thing

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All this is from Chevrolet putting a diesel that has a great drivetrain but uses a oil that is not readily on the market shelf. VW, Mercedes,audi, duramax 8 cylinder not Colorado and canyon can be found anywhere.
If our diesel used a common lowash oil my fears would change greatly. So my thinking is the emission system will be the killer unless GM gives a better than 36 month warranty on it.
Just on this forum 4 EGR valves and countless sensor problems. And a exhaust that will separate in time.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
That reminds me, I need to order that exhaust gasket and have the bolts replaced as a preventative.

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Me too, asked tire discounters if they would do it but they said they don't touch exhaust. I'll try Midas later, GM will want you to buy a whole SCR

·
Registered
706 Posts
i agree with you im tired of the cel lights that are all sensors in the exhaust and then told oh there not considered "emissions" i have had 2 o2 sensors go bad a particular matter sensor go bad"not covered" and now i have a dam P20e4 code which is another sendor out of my pocket.

just getting tired of sensors going bad every 8-10k other then that yes its a nice car but its a problem that keeping me from considering keeping this car and picking up a chevy 2500hd diesel at then end of next year.

If gm ACTUALLY worked with the owners thats a totally different story work with the issues come up with solutions and everyones happy.

ive had mine 2 years 1 month hit 55k miles that i got rid of my 2010 subaru with 250k miles that was trouble free but with a new baby i THOUGH a new car would be a better choice

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Hello to the gals of customer service and thank-you for monitoring this forum but I have a complaint that I feel the diesel could be a 1970 return.
This is my bases for this opinion. First there needed to be a direct link to Chevrolet diesel owners to flag there problems instead of the standard stump paragraph to call give VIN and hope for a fix.
Second I would think Chevrolet would be willing to do everything in its power to keep the original owner in there diesel as long as possible before it hits the used car lot and there tech sticks the wrong oil in it and boom CEL.
I'm basing this on warranties are coming close to ending and with the amount of emission problems the car is having, some being the fault of dealers with a lack of knowledge that still exists. Lack of parts for a quick repair turn around and the expense of the repairs. This will follow greatly in the used car market as people buy a used CTD and CEL right away.
The goal should be how do I make you want to buy another diesel from us not run from it.
I just think a stigmatism will hit the diesel world that the first generation CTD is plagued with a lot of failed sensors, some from wrong oil(should be a case of oil in the purchase of every new CTD or diesel requiring dexos2)and people will not return to that market. Very costly repairs to fix these problems if you can find a dealer with the knowledge to fix it.
So that's my thought before these cars start hitting used car lots and there problems only continue to a new set of owners.

Hi Gator,

Thank you for your response, we appreciate your feedback. Please know that we do take your concern seriously and will be sure to formally document this on your behalf. We apologize for your frustrations and any inconveniences this has caused you. We want you to get the proper assistance that is needed for your Cruze. In order to do so we ask for your full contact information, VIN, mileage and your preferred dealership. If you find in the future that you need to make an appointment with a Chevrolet dealership you can always send us a private message. We are happy to assist you.

Kindly,

Cristina Y
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
It seems like there are a few diesel Cruzes out there that have more than their fair share of problems. I still think that proper diagnosis and repair to get them properly sorted is key. Unfortunately, that ability is lacking in many dealerships.

Reactions: BradHerr

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Diesel that's why I'm trying to get this out there . If these troubles continue to the used car market and the value drops dramatically and no one but a select few of us would buy a new one, I see this as a slow death of a great car.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
It seems like there are a few diesel Cruzes out there that have more than their fair share of problems. I still think that proper diagnosis and repair to get them properly sorted is key. Unfortunately, that ability is lacking in many dealerships.
the thing is...

those that are in love with this car say things like well theres 4 cars with 100,000 trouble free miles, so the car is great....

well, then the inverse must be true, if theres 4 cars with problems upon problems, the cars must be crap

to an impartial observer (a non owner) are they gonna be optomistic? or realistic?

if someones dad had a crappy ford truck, theyll go their whole life, ford is crap!

total confirmation bias at work

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
I'm also starting to think the customer service message is computer generated on this forum.
They never seem to answer any thing
theyre akin to service managers

they know zero mechanically, they are the gatekeepers, thats all.

theres absolutely a script to follow, so they dont promise what isnt possible.

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
As I see it and I'm a true GM product buyer having a least 15 brand new GMs. But this company took the highest bailout from the tax payer to stay afloat, it's just time maybe they need to stand behind a emission system that may be plague from a design flaw.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts