Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello y'all I live in SE Florida and just pickup a 2013 1LT 40K miles. A all black cream puff. 1.4L Turbo.
This was my choice as a replacement to my 2006 Dodge Dakota Sport V8 that I totaled last month.
I've been fooling around with hot rods since.....well lets say I remember hot rodding a 1955 Bel-Air and ran gasser class with a 1956 Bel-Air Coupe.
Bought a new Impala in 1967 327cu 4spd. Yep, I got to drive the cool ones. Fooled around with Late Model Stock cars and drag cars including a early funny car. Things and life changes had me slow down but I'm a gear head at heart.
Now I am up in age and still like performance. After the wreck I got a 2014 LSX for a loaner and loved it!
So I'm here on the forum to read and learn and figure out what I need and don't need for my new Cruze.
Thanks for having me. :wave:

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,274 Posts
Welcome to the cruze talk Be cool stay cozy keep cruzen and Best Wishes !

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,274 Posts
I was Born on a Saturday Night in Chi Town and Raised for 17 years .. Here .. And then I Left to Become whom I am ..

Reactions: Iron Wolf

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,357 Posts
Welcome! Congrats on the new car.

Coincidentally, my granddad had a 55 Bel Air and my dad a 60's something Impala (I'd have to ask again).

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Edelbrock sure loved that old 283, could never figure this out when Buick and Cadillac were making far superior engines back then. But I guess they figured this is where the money is.

Castings on these Chevy's were crude to say the least leaving all kinds of flashing behind, and considered good if all they had was a mil clearance to the crankshaft. And the combustion chambers looked like creators on the moon. Where Buick and Caddy had machined combustion chambers as smooth as silk. And don't forget the install thread rocker arm studs in those Chevy heads, the pressed in ones would fall out.

Can recall all the excitement when the 56 265 CID was increased to 283, wow, and Holy Cow and all that, and extra 18 cubes. Chevy came a long way with the 1.4L turbo, but still have guys trying to get 1-3 extra HP out of it. In the quads, Chevy never lowered them to using a timing belt, but shocked they did that in the 1.8 L. Another good reason to walk past these.

·
Super Moderator
5,151 Posts
Welcome! Congrats on the new car.I have had a few Chevys myself My parents had a 60 Impala station wagon(straight 8), a 77 Nova (6cyl) and I had '84 Camaro, 73 Laguna(bought so I wouldn't put mileage on a 81 Grand Prix and gas was cheap) 96 Beretta and my 2 Cruzes(LS and Eco). Surprisingly, the Cruzes are the only ones I feel the need to try and get more power out of them. The others I just drove. On the side I had a couple of Oldsmobile Aleros with the 2.2 found in Cavaliers + Cobalts

1 - 9 of 9 Posts