Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Chevy Cruze 2010 auto-gear & brakes problem

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  obermd 
#1 ·
Hello,

The auto stick of my Chevy cruze 2010 is stuck in parking. I was able to move the car by using the push button on the console. All my rear red lights are not working so I assume its a problem connected with tail lights. The key is stuck in the ignition and I cannot open the trunk to change the bulbs. The button on the trunk doesn't work. I have taken the battery cables out to it doesn't runs out of power until morning.

Looking for following solutions:

Is there a way to get into the trunk and change bulbs? If not, whats my best bet? I don't have a spare key.

Thank you for taking out time to read this.

#3 ·
The rear brake lights and ability to shift out of park are both controlled by a switch in the brake pedal assembly. This switch tells the car the brake pedal has been pressed down.

#5 ·
A failed brake pedal position sensor can prevent the brake lights from coming on, prevent the shift lever from being moved from Park, and prevent the turning of the ignition cylinder to the complete off position to remove the key.

It's the weekend, more of our mechanically inclined members will be back tomorrow. They should be able to give you more information.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.