Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

chevy cruze 2011 1.8 L rpm fluctuates hard while pushing the brakes while stopped

3928 Views 10 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  ChevyGuy
i have chevy cruze 2011 1.8 l (i think manufactured in korea,in the middle east cruze comes from korea),when i am in a complete stop and the car on (D) and when i push on brakes the RPM fluctuates i feel the car is tended to go forward and then backward.I notice that the engine is tilting forward and backward .It goes away when i remove my foot off the brake.I have no check engine light .Does any one knows what this could be?what would be the problem

Thanks every body
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Premium Member
7,547 Posts
i have chevy cruze 2011 1.8 l (i think manufactured in korea,in the middle east cruze comes from korea),when i am in a complete stop and the car on (D) and when i push on brakes the RPM fluctuates i feel the car is tended to go forward and then backward.I notice that the engine is tilting forward and backward .It goes away when i remove my foot off the brake.I have no check engine light .Does any one knows what this could be?what would be the problem
If it's like the North American Cruzes, it will go away if you switch to manual mode. Something to do with the car switching to neutral at a stop, but it doesn't do that in manual mode.

It's a transmission problem.

· Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts

Thanks every body

Hello guss,

We apologize that you have been having concerns with your Cruze’s brakes, and we would like to look further into this matter. We regrettably cannot provide you any technical advice because we are not certified technicians, however, we would like to urge you to take your vehicle to your dealership for diagnosis and guidance on this matter. If you could send us a private message with your VIN, mileage, preferred dealership and contact information we can progress this concern further. We look forward to your response, have a good day!

Helen
Chevrolet Customer Care

· Premium Member
7,547 Posts
So is it a big problem in the transmission that it can not be maintained easily?by the way some local dealers did not the problem ,they could not help me
Yeah, it's fairly major transmission work. I don't know what the warranty is like in your part of the world. In our part, it would be covered by the powertrain warranty if it was still in effect.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.