Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my first Cruze 2012 eco, want to know if the eco is on by default or there is a way to turn it on. Because I think it’s consuming than it’s suppose to

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
eco is a version of a Cruze. It's either a eco version or it is not......nothing to turn on or off.

The eco had several mileage enhancements such as air shutters built into the lower grill and a slightly different front air splitter.
Manual trans versions had different gearing.
All eco's had low rolling resistance tires that were fairly effective if run at the elevated pressure they were capable of (51psi max).

Most eco owners picked up on a fair mileage loss with the installation of conventional tires.

You haven't mentioned your driving environment so if the car is being operated in a cold climate (here in Chicago, -6f at this writing) small engines are at a great mileage disadvantage due to drag from lubricants and wheel bearings.....something a larger, higher torque engine shrugs off.

Naturally, extended warmup time (0 mpg) and fuel trims being much richer, longer, drive mileage in the toilet as well.

What is your actual (computed with a calculator, not dashboard readout) fuel mileage?

Rob

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Look at the gear shift (assuming you're in a manual). Is the 6 in a green circle? If so you have the ECO trim. If not you have a LS or LT trim. All Cruze engines are part of the GM Ecotec engine line.

Welcome to CruzeTalk.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Look at the gear shift (assuming you're in a manual). Is the 6 in a green circle? If so you have the ECO trim. If not you have a LS or LT trim. All Cruze engines are part of the GM Ecotec engine line.

Welcome to CruzeTalk.

It’s an LT. automatic

·
Registered
2 Posts
The 2012 ECO came in either a manual or automatic transmission. The best indicator is the green ECO badge next to the Cruze badge on the trunk.

It's about 20F here in the mornings and I've lost 4MPG on my 12 ECO. It always kicks back up in the spring when it warms up.

·
Super Moderator
5,165 Posts
I have one thing to add: If the car is tuned with the BNR select a tune option, the cruise control will "turn it on/off". I had that tune on my 12 Eco and never really noticed the diff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts