Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
so my car wouldn't start the other day so I charged the battery... I drive it the next day and my meter reads 12.4v at the accessory dc port. I turned on AC and it dropped to 11.9v... a week later of not driving, I check the battery at the terminals and I see 12.5v. I clean the terminals and hook the battery back up to the car and start it.... Now I'm seeing 15.2v on the accessory port and at the battery and it's 85 degrees F outside.... no warnings or error codes. Any thoughts or cause for concern?

2016 Cruze LT RS-pkg Manual

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
13,696 Posts
so my car wouldn't start the other day so I charged the battery... I drive it the next day and my meter reads 12.4v at the accessory dc port. I turned on AC and it dropped to 11.9v... a week later of not driving, I check the battery at the terminals and I see 12.5v. I clean the terminals and hook the battery back up to the car and start it.... Now I'm seeing 15.2v on the accessory port and at the battery and it's 85 degrees F outside.... no warnings or error codes. Any thoughts or cause for concern?

2016 Cruze LT RS-pkg Manual
Service Bulletin - NHTSA SB-10057574-8899
SB-10089945-2280
How-To: Installation of the Big 3 Cruze Kit
Clean the Terminals
Cruze Battery Upgrade Options
Battery Tab
Both positive and negative battery cables at the battery are torqued to 40 in-lbs
The battery plate nuts are torqued to 106 in-lbs
and the battery hold down arm is torqued to 80 in-lbs

21 - 24 of 24 Posts