Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

121 - 125 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
The latest response from Summit Racing. This is the first time they gave me a different delivery date for each of the part numbers. Maybe that means the date might mean something. I'm not getting optimistic however.

I apologize about the delay in response and would like to thank you for waiting patiently. I spoke to Pat over at the vendor and it is not that they have to receive so many orders to manufacture these for you, they are actually missing an important material that is used in making these, and are waiting on that product to come in. They have been on a large manufacturing backorder since last year sometime and have been trying to play catch-up since then. No matter how many of these we would put on order here would cause us to get them to you any sooner. I apologize. The dates have changed to: BSN-35-171669 (08/20), BSN-35-171676 (09/29). If you have anymore questions or concerns feel free to contact us via email, Live Chat or phone.

We appreciate your business.
Thank you,
Xavier
Summit Racing Equipment

·
Registered
7 Posts
The latest from Summit. My current struts and shocks are holding up okay, I'll probably install the rear Bilstein's soon, do my front brakes and hope the front struts hold up until I finally get these. This will be a minimum of 17 months on back-order.

We appreciate your recent order. This email is to notify you that part numbers BSN-35-171669 and BSN-35-171676 are currently out of stock. Based on the most recent information from our supplier, these parts are expected to arrive in stock for shipment on 11/29/2019.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have any questions in regard to this issue, please feel free to contact us athttps://help.summitracing.com/app/.

We appreciate your business.
Thank you,
Summit Racing Equipment

·
Registered
239 Posts
The latest from Summit. My current struts and shocks are holding up okay, I'll probably install the rear Bilstein's soon, do my front brakes and hope the front struts hold up until I finally get these. This will be a minimum of 17 months on back-order.
Absolutely asinine... Bilstein just needs to drop the B6 on this application. I've been looking to order for 2.5 years and can't in good conscious buy the fronts and just by my luck there is an early failure and need to get a replacement. Not waiting 2.5-3 years for a replacement. Love Bilstein for truck shocks, but this is downright stupid.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Apparently the dates they gave me really do mean nothing. I just got an email at the beginning of the weekend informing me that BSN-35-171669 has shipped. Back in July they said this strut would ship on 8/20, then last week said it would be 11/29, but it just shipped on 8/30. It shipped from Bilstein so Summit has no tracking number. Back in July they said the other part number would ship in late Sept. so hopefully it will be along in a month or so.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just got the tracking number for the 2nd strut. One year and five months since ordering my shocks and struts, I'll have them all. Crazy, I'll probably never order Bilstein anything that is not in stock again.

121 - 125 of 125 Posts