Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of welding a light weight custom brush guard for the front of my cruze with some KC lights. I will post pictures of it when it is finished. Does anyone have any ideas for some type of body modifications I could look into welding for my cruze? I just finished putting custom performance cams for the car, custom exhaust piping with glass pack, and Cool air intake with diamond plated heat shield.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Son said his neighbor got stuck in their own driveway. Tow truck came and hooked a cable to the tow hook on this car and pulled him free.

Got to wondering how one would do this with a Cruze.

Would take a fairly long pieces of angle iron to find someplace to weld to for a brush guide. To get past all that plastic.

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
ahhhh, this sounds crazy, cams.....brush guard....diamond plate heatshield .... no pics. Please prove me wrong because if you do hats off to ya

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Ha, wonder what the OP needs a brush shield for, in a way I could use one on my Cruze. New liability laws on airports are requiring private contractors to carry a million bucks of liability insurance to mow the grounds and clear off the snow on runways.

A farmer with a brush cutter can no longer charge ten buck an acre nor afford this kind of insurance. So they are just letting this brush grow. I also need this coverage now, and for a couple bucks an hour for certification of aircraft ground navigation avionics. No longer worth my effort. And not about to plow through brush to get there. So I quit.

Going through major talks now, next nearest certified techs are over a thousand miles away. And will cost them a small fortune to have them drive over here. Not about to risk everything I own to help them out, but waiting to see what happens.

Without this equipment, would have to shut these airports down. Or just limit them to fair weather use.

Ha, back to the original question, what does the OP need a brush guard for and along with a high performance engine.

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
Ha, wonder what the OP needs a brush shield for, in a way I could use one on my Cruze. New liability laws on airports are requiring private contractors to carry a million bucks of liability insurance to mow the grounds and clear off the snow on runways.

A farmer with a brush cutter can no longer charge ten buck an acre nor afford this kind of insurance. So they are just letting this brush grow. I also need this coverage now, and for a couple bucks an hour for certification of aircraft ground navigation avionics. No longer worth my effort. And not about to plow through brush to get there. So I quit.

Going through major talks now, next nearest certified techs are over a thousand miles away. And will cost them a small fortune to have them drive over here. Not about to risk everything I own to help them out, but waiting to see what happens.

Without this equipment, would have to shut these airports down. Or just limit them to fair weather use.

Ha, back to the original question, what does the OP need a brush guard for and along with a high performance engine.
:confused: what?

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
Honestly I could care less about a brush guard. More details on these cams you say you have. Seeing as no one on this forum or SOF has a set this should be a much more pressing issue.

In regards to your post... this should be more than adequate.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts