Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The engine light came on this morning on the way to work right after pulling off the highway. I can't find anything Cruze or even GM specific, but it seems it is a generic code for other brands for an OBD or ECM issue. Anyone have experience with this code? For the record, the tempurature the morning it came on was - 25C.

I'm heading to the dealer on Monday but will need the car for the weekend to do some light running around so I'm hoping it isn't a critical issue. The car didn't immediately go into any sort of limited power mode. Fingers crossed...

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
6,043 Posts
Based on my quick search, it seems another instance where someone got this cold, it was -30.

It could be a case of the ECU just being very upset at the cold.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
[h=2]DTC = P16AE : Glow Plug Control Module Temperature Sensor Circuit High Voltage[/h]Additional Basic Enable Conditions:
- Engine is not in standby state (standby state occurs after ECM initialization or following after-run)
- Battery voltage is above 11V for at least 3s

So... with the cold you might have some glow plugs that are burning out.. just a guess on my part.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Text Font Line Parallel

Here is the Diagnostic Table, I seem to recall I was able to obtain this document from GM Tech Authority, as it is OBD 2 related it does not require a paid subscription to their service (which is very expensive).

I'd attached the entire .pdf if I could, but the forum size limit is way below the over 1 MB file size of the document. If you can't read the image here, it is just the text from the prior post... so no worries.. good luck in getting this fixed.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The engine light went off today. As I mentioned, it came on during a ride to work in -25C temps. After about 45 mins of driving today in -10C temps and a stop (shut the car off) at the store on the way back, the engine light did not come on after I started it back up. I'll still be going to the dealer to have them diagnose it and make sure it won't be a recurring issue. I'll keep this thread updated on their findings.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
UPDATE

I was on a bit of a time constraint today and they suggested I don't waste time by coming in since the engine light went off. They're fairly certain that the temps caused the issue and since it has gone off by itself, the issue was likely temporary and it has resolved itself.

·
Registered
533 Posts
-25C sounds like a personal day to me. Car was telling you the same. :eek:ccasion14:

Reactions: Rivergoer and MP81
1 - 7 of 7 Posts