Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

121 - 131 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I knew GM was on the right track when they came out with the 3600 and 3800 Series2 engines.My girlfriend has a Buick with one and its been running like forever.I had a buddy running with the 3600 V6 and it ran like a sewing machine,used no oil and ran like a "scalded ape" Folks on the internet crying for GM to produce more like these.They had a very good reliable product in these engines,I hope they kept the blueprints close.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Wow, amazing stuff! The Cruze is my first GM vehicle and after reading and viewing the information presented it amazes me how much time, thought and effort was required to build such an amazing vehicle. It blows my mind. Now when I get in my Cruze I will be thinking about how well the car was designed, engineered and the high expectations of producing a fine tuned vehicle. I am impressed!

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Wow freakin awesome article. I had no idea you could pay extra and build YOUR OWN ZR1 engine.

I swear the day I find a bag with a few million in it I WILL BE BUILDING MY OWN ZR1!

·
Registered
63 Posts
So, did you ask them why they are mangling the design of the 2015 cruze? I mean really? They already had a solid design. Pretty solid stance. Now they go a new and horrible direction. Very disappointing. Back to bland in my opinion.

·
Administrator
15,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
So, did you ask them why they are mangling the design of the 2015 cruze? I mean really? They already had a solid design. Pretty solid stance. Now they go a new and horrible direction. Very disappointing. Back to bland in my opinion.
Check the date, lol. This happened August of 2012.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
Check the date, lol. This happened August of 2012.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Besides that the 2015 cruze facelift makes sense when you look at the 2016 cruze, its a transitional thing to try and get people more use to the change. Of course I also find the new style boring/ugly but to compete in this class of cars you need to make exceptional aerodynamic numbers and exceed all the newer crash tests.

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
This tour may have happened a while back, but it is still very cool. It's nice to know that so much care was taken to design and build my car.

It's also funny to see the small 1.4 block in the photos. They are so tiny. It would be cool to put one on a shelf in my house, or use it as a cup holder. LOL.

·
Monsieur Charmant Résident
1,233 Posts
C'est très beau, est-ce pas?

This tour may have happened a while back, but it is still very cool. It's nice to know that so much care was taken to design and build my car.
It's also funny to see the small 1.4 block in the photos. They are so tiny. It would be cool to put one on a shelf in my house, or use it as a cup holder.
Would you consider perhaps using it as a cup holder on this spec-built Chevrolet Performance coffee table?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Nice thread. I'm a millwright and work in a lot of different car plants installing conveyor and robot cells.

Most recently I was in Sterling Heights where they make the Chrysler 200 over the Christmas and New Years shutdown

All these plants have pretty much the same setups for production

121 - 131 of 131 Posts